Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a nice online Chat with Rivian today and got some new (to me at least) information. The fact that they said "I'm happy to share" means it must be official news. Maybe I've just missed this.

Copy of chat here: R= Rivian Customer Service G=Gavin

R: Hello Gavin! Thanks for chatting into Rivian. I hope you're doing well. My name is ------, how can I help? (took off the name, but I don't think it would be an issue)
R: Hi Gavin, are you still available to chat?

G: Hi
G: sorry multitasking :)

R: No worries lol!

G: Once again this is my asking to see if there is Limestone on a real R1T? My preferred color but really can't decide till I see on a real truck.

R: This is a popular question today! I haven't seen solid pictures of it or on a full truck. I have seen the swatch on a vehicle part though and it is beautiful! Has hues of blues and greens in sunlight.

G: Popular as it seems to be the forbidden fruit of Rivian colors. Secondly, and much more complicated to answer I'm sure, but I was stupidly late to making an R1T reservation so (I'm) not a LE reservation (and sadly that launch green color is growing on me each time I see it), but was wondering if Non LE peeps will be getting a rough time frame any time soonish? I also have a Ford Lightning on order, but prefer the Rivian. Still it looks like I am a first wave order on a Lightning, so maybe around July 2022. If the Rivian was near that I could wait.
G: of course my friends are saying to buy the lightning and then sell it (as the demand is so great) to get the R1T...but that sounds complicated and strangely like effort

R: I'd have to agree with you! I'm happy to share that you will receive an email by the end of this year with a projected delivery window for you. So by the end of this month! Hopefully that will give you a better idea on decisions moving forward!

G: YAY!

R: Glad I could share some good news!

G: Perhaps Rivian communication department can send that info out officially to people, or at least the forum sites that are desperate for any new Rivian news
G: and thanks again
G: ps...all my communications with rivian have been great.
G: but we always want more...

R: I'm surprised that no one has broadcasted it yet either lol but we are happy that there is more information coming out soon as we ramp up production!
R: Understandably so! We are advocating for that also. We are in a very exciting time and can't wait to get these vehicles with our community.

G: Thank you again, Don't want to take up your time as you probably need to answer more questions on Limestone images

R: Hahah! That's my next mission. Demanding Limestone images!
R: Thank you! Safe adventures and happy holidays, Gavin!

·
Registered
33 Posts
End of this month or early January was what I got from them as well, with regard to when non-LE reservation holders will get an update on their deliveries.
Thanks for sharing this!
Question will be, is this rivian service agent talking about all battery pack sizes or just the large pack size. It has yet to be seen if Max Pack actually will happen. I'm getting a little worried about the technology. Rivian, originally, in 2018ish said they were going to deliver and produce the Max Pack orders first....then it turned into, "Well, we will do a launch edition with the large pack." I hope the Max Pack come to fruition.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, hadn’t thought of that. I kinda guess everyone? I don’t think the Rivian chat person knew when I reserved so it who suggest they will be telling all deposit holders?
I guess we will know by New Years Eve?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I had a nice online Chat with Rivian today and got some new (to me at least) information. The fact that they said "I'm happy to share" means it must be official news. Maybe I've just missed this.

Copy of chat here: R= Rivian Customer Service G=Gavin

R: Hello Gavin! Thanks for chatting into Rivian. I hope you're doing well. My name is ------, how can I help? (took off the name, but I don't think it would be an issue)
R: Hi Gavin, are you still available to chat?

G: Hi
G: sorry multitasking :)

R: No worries lol!

G: Once again this is my asking to see if there is Limestone on a real R1T? My preferred color but really can't decide till I see on a real truck.

R: This is a popular question today! I haven't seen solid pictures of it or on a full truck. I have seen the swatch on a vehicle part though and it is beautiful! Has hues of blues and greens in sunlight.

G: Popular as it seems to be the forbidden fruit of Rivian colors. Secondly, and much more complicated to answer I'm sure, but I was stupidly late to making an R1T reservation so (I'm) not a LE reservation (and sadly that launch green color is growing on me each time I see it), but was wondering if Non LE peeps will be getting a rough time frame any time soonish? I also have a Ford Lightning on order, but prefer the Rivian. Still it looks like I am a first wave order on a Lightning, so maybe around July 2022. If the Rivian was near that I could wait.
G: of course my friends are saying to buy the lightning and then sell it (as the demand is so great) to get the R1T...but that sounds complicated and strangely like effort

R: I'd have to agree with you! I'm happy to share that you will receive an email by the end of this year with a projected delivery window for you. So by the end of this month! Hopefully that will give you a better idea on decisions moving forward!

G: YAY!

R: Glad I could share some good news!

G: Perhaps Rivian communication department can send that info out officially to people, or at least the forum sites that are desperate for any new Rivian news
G: and thanks again
G: ps...all my communications with rivian have been great.
G: but we always want more...

R: I'm surprised that no one has broadcasted it yet either lol but we are happy that there is more information coming out soon as we ramp up production!
R: Understandably so! We are advocating for that also. We are in a very exciting time and can't wait to get these vehicles with our community.

G: Thank you again, Don't want to take up your time as you probably need to answer more questions on Limestone images

R: Hahah! That's my next mission. Demanding Limestone images!
R: Thank you! Safe adventures and happy holidays, Gavin!
I am very excited about purchasing an R1T. I love everything about it.

Unfortunately, as a 77 year old Agent Orange Vietnam Vet, with three forms of cancer, ischemic heart disease, and erythrodermic psoriasis my delivery may come too late. Dang…

I sure wish I would have gotten on board early enough to sign up for a Launch Edition.

That’s life…

·
Registered
114 Posts
As an add to this I was told in an email that Adventure, large pack non-LE units would start delivery in March.

Reactions: bofrick and Gavin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Unfortunately, as a 77 year old Agent Orange Vietnam Vet, with three forms of cancer, ischemic heart disease, and erythrodermic psoriasis my delivery may come too late. Dang…

I sure wish I would have gotten on board early enough to sign up for a Launch Edition.

That’s life…
Hang in there!!

I’m “only” 60, and in pretty ok health. But I do work everyday with pediatric covid patients, so never know when I might shuffle off this mortal coil. And yes, I should have reserved sooner too. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
it will be fun to see the comments when we all find out "when" our projected delivery window will be scheduled . . . I mean its one thing to send us an email with a date, its another to deliver.

I have seen LE owners post delivery dates out in June/July 2022, but I have also hear they might sprinkle in some non-LE's into the line?

I still hopeful I will see a truck in 2022, but expecting 2023

·
Registered
114 Posts
it will be fun to see the comments when we all find out "when" our projected delivery window will be scheduled . . . I mean its one thing to send us an email with a date, its another to deliver.

I have seen LE owners post delivery dates out in June/July 2022, but I have also hear they might sprinkle in some non-LE's into the line?

I still hopeful I will see a truck in 2022, but expecting 2023
Yeah I'm not sure how the whole LE thing works. If Adventure models will come out before all LE units are delivered - then what was the point of the LE? That said, given that LE units are scheduled all the way out to end of Q3 2022 that would basically mean no non-LE units in 2022. That would drive people nuts.

Reactions: oak202

·
Registered
444 Posts

That’s life…
Sir, I hope your Truck asap. RJ? Throw him a bone please.

·
Registered
116 Posts

That’s life…
Sir, I hope your Truck asap. RJ? Throw him a bone please.
Agreed with Tess. Hope you get your truck as soon as possible. My reservation is for R1S, but if it needs to be pushed by one to accommodate bofrick, I'll gladly take the extra delay. Wonder if there is a way to tag RJ (or anyone high up in the company).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed with Tess. Hope you get your truck as soon as possible. My reservation is for R1S, but if it needs to be pushed by one to accommodate bofrick, I'll gladly take the extra delay. Wonder if there is a way to tag RJ (or anyone high up in the company).
Thanks, Tess and Chungachguk. I am in the wait & see mode since I didn’t get in on the
Thanks, Tess & Chungachguk! Much appreciated!

I wish I had known of the Launch Edition sooner.

Unfortunately, I had a very bad fall and winter health wise. I don’t remember much at all from February through May.

Thankful for Medicare and Tricare For Life.

My oncologist, dermatologist, and my wife saved my life. No exaggeration.

Thankfully I am doing much much better now!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.