Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I write about cars for NYT and would be interested in connecting with future Rivian owners for a story I'm working on. I'd like to hear what convinced you to order an R1T/S, if you considered Tesla or anything else, and what you plan to do in your vehicle - email me at neal dot boudette at nytimes dot com

thanks.

Neal B

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reply Nice to have someone write a review for a broader audience. For me its the only proper 7 seater electric SUV. Its a lot of utility. The rest of the features are on par with Tesla(not self driving though but I don't care about it and charging infra). Off-roading is a plus

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey @NBnyt I just read your article today on the latest round of investing for Rivian. Great stuff!

x2.
Another great angle is how consumers are viewing Rivian compared to Tesla.
One example is our very own @Farhadfzr...
Hi everyone,
I’m a relative late arrival by some standards, put in a deposit in November for my wife’s next vehicle/our next family hauler.
First, like everyone here I’m excited about what Rivian is doing: building an uncompromised electric SUV/adventure truck, that really checks all the boxes for our family. I’ve also been reading and listening to many podcasts available out there and I’m very impressed by the culture at Rivian and what RJ and his team have been building for many years. Their team culture to me is the “anti-Tesla” in many ways. This is how you build a sustainable team.
I’m also very encouraged that many of the executives are gear heads. They have tinkered with cars, they know and love and value the essence of ideal car performance and vehicle dynamics principles.
I’m curious about the make up of Rivian fanatics (I assume most people here!) I find most Tesla owners either aligned mostly with digital tech and/or ambivalent about the driving experience. Wondering, and would love to hear folks on this forum’s stories and automotive loves.
Rivian is building more than an appliance. And they’re marketing their work in a special way too. I’m a gear head, and the more I learn about them, the more excited I get about my wife’s R1S and the future of the company.
Cheers,
FF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts