Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who is disappointed by the switch from natural (light) ash to dark (black) dash on OC interior? I kinda liked the look of that light wood. My 2nd choice would have been the medium color that's used in FE. When I inquired about that through CS they apologized and said I could cancel my (early, fixed price) pre-order.
Almost seems like that could be the intent -- to get some of the low-price pre-orders off the list...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Am I the only one who is disappointed by the switch from natural (light) ash to dark (black) dash on OC interior? I kinda liked the look of that light wood. My 2nd choice would have been the medium color that's used in FE. When I inquired about that through CS they apologized and said I could cancel my (early, fixed price) pre-order.
Almost seems like that could be the intent -- to get some of the low-price pre-orders off the list...?
I know there is a pretty big split on this, but I actually prefer the dark wood over the pinkish hue that the light wood seemed to be. I know it was not supposed to be pink - more of a bleached wood look, but they apparently couldn't consistently create that color.

I originally thought the same as you that the brown would look great, but the renderings others have posted looked surprisingly odd. I think they made the right call with the available options at hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts