Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One would think that rather than allowing more delays, Rivian would move forward with more options due to the inaccessibility of the Light Ash Wood thats offered with the Ocean Coast Leather. The Dark Woods that are used would work just as well. And I'm sure that if asked a very large percentage of the R1S Preorder holders waiting for the Ocean-Coast with the light wood would be willing to switch to the dark wood with the Ocean-Coast Leather interior if they thought it might expedite their delivery!
"I suggest a poll of PreOrder Holders that are on hold due to the shortage of the Ash Light Wood to see what percentage of them would be willing to switch to a Ocean-Coast Leather interior with the Dark Wood that's offered on the other models. And realizing that it will expedite the delivery of their vehicles!"

·
Registered
567 Posts
In the email Rivian sent out on 29 April they addressed this suggestion and specifically said they won't be doing this.

Can I mix and match interior colors and wood trims?
We love the creative problem-solving from our community but, at this time, we are focused on removing complexity from our production sequence rather than adding it. By concentrating on the two interiors currently available and batching them in production, we can deliver more vehicles more quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The various components that include the wood are pre-built by the suppliers and it's all pretty tightly integrated. It's not as easy as just swapping it out, but I'm sure if they feel it's a problem that can't be fixed it will be changed for future builds. I have seen some renderings on the forums with the FE brown wood on OC and it looks terrible (IMO), but the black wood on OC is beautiful. I would actually prefer it with the black wood from the BM interior after seeing the renderings.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't it ironic that RIVIAN just might be listening to it's preorder holders? As I posted on June 4th that considering the Ocean-Coast with Dark Wood would be a consideration. That I believe that many preorder holders may not mind switching to the Dark Woods with the Ocean- Coast interior. With this change I do hope that it will move my R1S Adventure to a sooner delivery date!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts