Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My window was Apr/May for Yellow with OC, which I changed last week to LG and OC with a signed BPA....and this is how I find out. Total breach of trust.

IMO they should scrap the wood color from OC, change it to the wood from FE, and I'd be more than OK with that - I totally disliked the wood in OC but liked the lighter interior.

As is reviewing my 2 reservations.

Just a total breach of trust with customers, and I'm not surprised, which is sad because I thought Rivian had principals which the other OEMs lack...but in reality they don't. RJ and the board are seeing stock holders get crushed and they responded at the expense of customers who were supposed to get "Priority Delivery" ...behind everyone else.
DirtyB

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A quote from Reddit user McClure 911:
McClure911 (u/McClure911) - Reddit
"R1T Preorder
I’ll add to the voices and say, good job Rivian on the improved communication. I think it shows they’re listening and learning which inspires confidence in the company.'

I don't know about Ya'll, but a company that finally figures out two months into the model year delivery cycle (after having it as an option for three years and delivering test cars with OC interior) that it's challenging to make and deliver the wood trim on one of it's interiors does not inspire confidence in me that the Company is run like a fine tuned machine. Seems like adhockery and whimsical, not planned and methodical.
DirtyB

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm a very recent order, so cannot imagine your frustration at these last minute glitches after waiting years longer than me.

But I don't read that any of you folks are pulling out, and I'd never encourage you to do so.

Yes, it's not the way to run a business. But no one should seek a permanent solution -- by canceling orders -- to a temporary problem -- supply chain, ineptitude, chasing of tails seven ways for Sunday, etc.

I'm not looking at delivery any time before Q2 or more likely Q3 2023. And I'm not bailing on this journey.

Vent. Get it out. But hang in there. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a very recent order, so cannot imagine your frustration at these last minute glitches after waiting years longer than me.

But I don't read that any of you folks are pulling out, and I'd never encourage you to do so.

Yes, it's not the way to run a business. But no one should seek a permanent solution -- by canceling orders -- to a temporary problem -- supply chain, ineptitude, chasing of tails seven ways for Sunday, etc.

I'm not looking at delivery any time before Q2 or more likely Q3 2023. And I'm not bailing on this journey.

Vent. Get it out. But hang in there. You'll be glad you did.
You're spot on; Rivian is not doing anything different than other manufactures - Hell, GM is doing this across all their brands and removing chips and features just to push production along. However, I'd rather wait vs. getting a unit without heated seats / steering wheel, rear park assist, etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In theory I should be one of the first non LE orders in the country. 12-4-18 reservation. Instead I have to decide if, after waiting 3.5 years already, I want to add another 6-12 months for the OC I originally wanted or compromise with the BM. So tired of this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got off with my guide. I’m so disappointed. Preorder was placed for an R1S 11/2018. Ocean Coast interior. Kept being told March/April delivery. Then, with 5 days left in the month, told no ocean coast and it’s going to be delayed. No date yet. They’ve certainly had some knowledge prior and need to communicate better!
I don’t understand why they keep failing in The communication department.
people are going to lose even more faith.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got off with my guide. I’m so disappointed. Preorder was placed for an R1S 11/2018. Ocean Coast interior. Kept being told March/April delivery. Then, with 5 days left in the month, told no ocean coast and it’s going to be delayed. No date yet. They’ve certainly had some knowledge prior and need to communicate better!
I don’t understand why they keep failing in The communication department.
people are going to lose even more faith.
Agreed. To add insult to injury, the CEO has said that batteries will be the next shortage...so do you wait until fall for OC, to then find out prices have gone up (because even with a PBA price isn't locked in), and they don't have batteries...it's a comedy of errors right now. All going back to they lost my trust. (I had an imminent delivery window, with a PBA. Why wasn't price locked in and why weren't all parts procured, as prev stated.)
DirtyB

·
Registered
940 Posts
OC delays are a great time to re-evaluate your choices. A truck doing truck stuff with a white interior is going to be tough to maintain.
I literally just posted this up on another "delivery delay" thread two seconds ago:

"Side note: I'm guessing (pure speculation) that OC interior did not fair as well as they had hoped-for out in the real world with product testing, and may have created concern about complaints. Once people bring dogs, muck, blue jeans, food & drink into their clean, white interiors, they might have found that white didn't really stay "as white" as they had hoped for inside an Adventure Vehicle. Again, I have zero insight, and this might not be relevant to your configuration, but as a current truck owner, with kids and dogs that spill things and get muddy and track dirt, mud, snow and sand from their adventures into every corner of my truck, I could not fathom an interior like OC working well for most truck-oriented people, but YMMV."

·
Registered
568 Posts
I guess if we're going to be cross-posting, let me also cross-post my reply:
I'm guessing (pure speculation)
Yeah, pure speculation. We know Ocean Coast is delayed for some reason, and the reason they gave was the wood, not the upholstery color. It you know some facts that contradict this, then clue us in. Throwing out theories is not real helpful. And BTW Ocean Coast isn't "white".

All the cars I've ever owned have had light colored interiors - either cloth, "vegan" leather or real leather. I've never had a problem keeping them clean inside. Even my 2000 4Runner with tan interior still looks fine after 22 years of mostly off-pavement use (with kids and dogs ...).

Choosing Black because it doesn't show dirt doesn't mean you won't have to clean it. You could always get one of those clear-plastic slipcovers for your seats if you're concerned about dirt.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because my delivery window was Apr/May 22 and this is how I found out that my delivery is not happening...till sometime fall of 22 (which is Rivian speak for meh maybe 2023 spring) It's a breach of trust which I don't take lightly.
DirtyB.
I'm not sure explaining to customers that there are supply chain issues, which necessitates a pivot in order to get as many promised vehicles to customers is a breach of trust...well not by my definition at least. The way I see it, when you or anyone put your deposit down on a brand new truck, with a brand new company, with almost a brand new technology, there should have been an unspoken expectation that you were in for a roller coaster ride. The fact that there are many who expected the Rivian experience to be a well-oiled machine during their first 12 months of deliveries is hilarious! If you are frustrated by the necessity of pivoting in the beginning stages of a business, take note...don't invest in any way, shape, or form into said company.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts