Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Ocean coast interior?

I never thought I would ever own a car (nevermind a truck!) with a white interior, but maybe I am changing. It looks great (particularly with the Ash Black dash), but I wonder if it's going to be a higher maintenance interior. I won't be using for it camping or serious off roading, but I do occasionally drive Class 4 roads, have a dog (I've always used seat covers), ski, deal with mud season in VT, go to the beach, etc.

Thanks

· Registered
810 Posts
It's not white, it's light gray. I'm in the PNW so I'm out hiking in the rain for like 9 months a year. I am not worried about my OC interior any more than I am with all my other cars, which all have light interiors. I do want my all-weather floor mats though ...

· Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Ocean coast interior?

I never thought I would ever own a car (nevermind a truck!) with a white interior, but maybe I am changing. It looks great (particularly with the Ash Black dash), but I wonder if it's going to be a higher maintenance interior. I won't be using for it camping or serious off roading, but I do occasionally drive Class 4 roads, have a dog (I've always used seat covers), ski, deal with mud season in VT, go to the beach, etc.

Thanks
My R1T has the OC interior and I foresee little maintenance requirements versus the other interiors offered. While it is a light colored interior, it’s not “Tesla” white.

My other vehicle is a Model Y Performance with white interior. I apply a ceramic coat on the seats twice a year and weekly wipe down the seats because they are as white as white can get. With the R1T, I have yet to apply a ceramic coat on the seats and more than likely will not because a simple baby wipe is able to clean whatever mud my 4 year old tracks in without any worry that it will stain. The white seats in the Tesla and Rivian are completely different and I wouldn’t worry about having to take care of the Rivian seats more so than if you got the BM interior.

· Registered
2014 BMX X5 diesel
38 Posts
It's not white, it's light gray. I'm in the PNW so I'm out hiking in the rain for like 9 months a year. I am not worried about my OC interior any more than I am with all my other cars, which all have light interiors. I do want my all-weather floor mats though ...
Hmm, I'm in PDX and have shied away from Ocean Coast for this reason. Between the rain and my boys (9 and 7), I assumed it would require far too much upkeep, maintenance, and/or cleaning.

Am I way off base with the 'cleaning' requirements?

· Registered
6 Posts
Hmm, I'm in PDX and have shied away from Ocean Coast for this reason. Between the rain and my boys (9 and 7), I assumed it would require far too much upkeep, maintenance, and/or cleaning.

Am I way off base with the 'cleaning' requirements?
I would compare it more to a light tan colored interior than a white interior as far as cleaning requirements. Tesla white seats, requires a lot of maintenance and upkeep but the OC in the Rivian is like any other interior in any other vehicle. It’s really a non-issue and I don’t think about it. We ride on trails often, get muddy during soccer, go to the beach, and I’ve only cleaned the interior once…with baby wipes lol.

Highly recommend you choose the OC if you like the lighter color option while knowing the upkeep is minimal. I am asinine in keeping my white seats in the Tesla super clean due to possible staining but literally have zero worries about the OC seats in the Rivian staining from blue transfer or anything else. It’s a non-issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts