Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We pre-ordered after seeing one in December in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since then, I've been seeing them at the charging stations and various areas, all employee owned trucks. I have a Hyundai Kona EV that I'm so glad I bought after gas prices here are almost $7 a gallon!
Last week I went to the South SF service center for a test drive. I'm more pumped than ever to get this truck! I sold my F150 to my brother (and he's still speaking to me). People are getting their trucks here, only if they ordered black interior & didn't change their configurations at any time. There seemed to be quite a few trucks on the lot too, ready for delivery?? I'm sorry I didn't take pics.
But the drive was great! My big thing was back support, I'd have to drive the F150 because of my back a lot of the times - I can hardly sit in a sedan. The size was smaller than the F150 (which I don't mind, it was like docking a boat in a city). The truck bed is also shallow & short, a few times on trips I slept in my truck bed. One of the guys at the showroom said he was 6'4" and just put the truck bed down to sleep in his Rivian on a trip. I tested that out & it worked well.
The regen made it so I never had to hit the brakes. You might be used to that on a Tesla, the Hyundai has regen that slows it down but I still have to brake. Overall, it seemed like a solid truck.
Alas, I ordered the ocean coast interior & I'm going to stick it out until possibly next year. There are two good reasons for this, I want it & hopefully they'll work out the kinks on the first cars out by then. The other is that despite all the delays, they're still the first company to have actual EV trucks on the road. I have yet to see a Ford Lightening or the Star Trek (from the 60's) looking Tesla truck.
Super excited!! Living in an area where start ups claim something & can never deliver, this doesn't seem to be the case with Rivian. They are on the roads & I remember seeing the first truckload of Teslas being delivered years ago & everything that went with that. I don't know why I never went Tesla? Maybe I knew there would be a Rivian :) Cheers.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Heller! Were you able to lay comfortable in the R1T's bed or did you have to make some adjustments compared to your F-150?

Do you have a reservation for a Lightning or Cybertruck along with the R1T?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Heller! Were you able to lay comfortable in the R1T's bed or did you have to make some adjustments compared to your F-150?

Do you have a reservation for a Lightning or Cybertruck along with the R1T?
Oh gosh no!! Even though I loved the F150, thought I'd try something new. The Tesla was never an option for me. I get no respect in the Hyundai, but it delivers :)

The bed was long enough, with the gate down, to lay down in. The guy in the lobby said he was 6'4" & that worked for him. I had a cab on the F150 and could shut the gate to be enclosed with the longer bed. So open air, it would work for someone at least 6'4" w/ gate down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts