Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
No.

There are a few people with OC configured who have a new delivery window of Sept/Oct, but most I've seen are in the Oct/Nov window or later.

It appears to me like they plan on doing an OC batch starting in October. In which case they should already have the parts in the factory (or be getting them very soon) because if they plan to deliver in October they need to start building 6-8 weeks ahead of time.

It would be nice if Rivian could give us an update to let us know if this is really going to happen - have they resolved the problems with the wood and do they have the parts yet? If my delivery slips into 2023 then I will miss out on the tax credit ... and I don't want to wait until they've missed my delivery window (for the second time) to find out if I'm going to get my R1T.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was in the boat with OC for a Oct / Nov build. After many hours mulling it over, I switched interiors and ponied up for FE. I was "rewarded" by getting my build 4 months early.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No.

There are a few people with OC configured who have a new delivery window of Sept/Oct, but most I've seen are in the Oct/Nov window or later.

It appears to me like they plan on doing an OC batch starting in October. In which case they should already have the parts in the factory (or be getting them very soon) because if they plan to deliver in October they need to start building 6-8 weeks ahead of time.

It would be nice if Rivian could give us an update to let us know if this is really going to happen - have they resolved the problems with the wood and do they have the parts yet? If my delivery slips into 2023 then I will miss out on the tax credit ... and I don't want to wait until they've missed my delivery window (for the second time) to find out if I'm going to get my R1T.
I’m in the same boat…Oct/Nov is what I’m told. Just curious if any OC interiors are making it out into the wild yet. Thanks for the info you shared.

·
Registered
495 Posts
All CS knows is the script they were given with the official "fall" statement, along with the caveat they attach to everything that the dates are not guaranteed. That's exactly what you were told. And yes, I have talked to my guide and CS and all they will give is that form answer, because they have not been given any other information.

What I posted in #2 is inference based on the new delivery windows they sent to us on 11 June. These updated delivery windows are far more accurate than the original windows given out last year, and should reflect the current planned production schedule for the OC interiors. The OC delay announcement (which is where the "fall" wording comes from) was sent on 28 April and promised a follow up with a new, personalized delivery window after they had figured out the new production schedule. That new delivery window was sent on 11 June, almost two months later, and incorporates their best guess as to when OC will begin shipping. As I said, most of the OC preorders were given a window of Oct/Nov at that time. This is a personalized estimate with is consistent with "fall" and more specific than just a season, and carries more weight than the generic stock response given by CS.

The only question is whether Rivian is still on track to meet these new delivery windows. The new delivery windows have so far proven to be accurate for the most part. Even the old delivery windows starting in March were being met with some notable exceptions for configurations that haven't shipped yet (e.g. R1S) but the new delivery windows seem more accurate, or at least more consistent with everything we know.

Rivian has made a big commitment by telling hundreds of customers that their OC would ship in Oct/Nov, and they had up-to-date information when they promised this. They have said the only problem is the wood trim, and they have now had three additional months to work on it and have promised OC vehicles two months from now. Because they have told so many people Oct/Nov, and because they have been batching configurations (as announced they would, and as observed), then it's logical to conclude they plan a big OC batch coming up. (At which point I expect the BM and FE interiors will be temporarily hard to get).

My point is that, at this time, Rivian should have a better idea whether they are going to meet this Oct/Nov window or whether they are going to miss it. If they are going to meet it, they better have parts at hand or close to hand right now. If they are going to miss it, they should tell us now and not repeat the mistake waiting until after the window has passed to acknowledge the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI I just spoke with CS today and was told the following, for what it’s worth:

“We do still have you on track to take delivery of the Adventure Package R1T this coming October - November 2022. Ocean Coast vehicles are on track to begin delivering this Fall.”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts