Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I’m officially annoyed. I have been patient and held my tongue. But now I get the new delivery window that pushes another 90-120 days. I’ll be a three year reservation holder now. Preordered Jan 2 2020. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
505 Posts
Okay I’m officially annoyed. I have been patient and held my tongue. But now I get the new delivery window that pushes another 90-120 days. I’ll be a three year reservation holder now. Preordered Jan 2 2020. 🤦‍♂️
My math is a bit different, isn’t the change 1 to 59 days?

Your previous window ended Dec31, the new one starts Jan 1st and ends Feb 28th

· Registered
9 Posts
I hear you, annoyed as well!! I’m a 2/19 reservation holder and just a few days after getting confirmation from Rivian customer service that my Oct/Dec window was a go, and a guide will be reaching out any week….I get the new window of Jan/Feb. Crazy..

· Registered
2018, R1S
9 Posts
I made my R1S deposit 11/27/2018, and am looking at Feb/Mar 2023 now.....

· Registered
2018, R1S
9 Posts
Interesting. Is your order launch edition? I’m a mid-December 2018 deposit, not launch edition, and got bumped from Oct-Dec 2022 to 1H2023 to now July-Sept 2023. The waiting continues…
Interesting. Is your order launch edition? I’m a mid-December 2018 deposit, not launch edition, and got bumped from Oct-Dec 2022 to 1H2023 to now July-Sept 2023. The waiting continues…
Yes, Launch edition.

· Registered
79 Posts
My preorder date is two and a half years after yours and my current estimate is April-June 2023. Curious about your configuration, since -- assuming your location is likewise Needham MA -- geography clearly isn't the factor. R1S Adventure, Forest Green/Black Mountain, 20" AT.

· Registered
13 Posts
My preorder date is two and a half years after yours and my current estimate is April-June 2023. Curious about your configuration, since -- assuming your location is likewise Needham MA -- geography clearly isn't the factor. R1S Adventure, Forest Green/Black Mountain, 20" AT.
Right - geography is not an issue. The config is R1S Adventure, Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast, 20” AT. I did make a change to add the PPF and AT tires within the last couple of weeks. I saw some talk on the forum that recent changes (after Oct 16) would somehow bump the delivery estimate out? Which would be my luck as I hadn’t changed the configuration since I originally put it in…whenever that was. But I hold out some hope that the estimate improves in January when they recalculate the estimates.

· Registered
79 Posts
Right - geography is not an issue. The config is R1S Adventure, Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast, 20” AT. I did make a change to add the PPF and AT tires within the last couple of weeks. I saw some talk on the forum that recent changes (after Oct 16) would somehow bump the delivery estimate out? Which would be my luck as I hadn’t changed the configuration since I originally put it in…whenever that was. But I hold out some hope that the estimate improves in January when they recalculate the estimates.
I likewise added the PPF in the last couple of weeks, so at least that's not the driver. Perhaps the color combo?

· Registered
26 Posts
I was one of the first to put a reservation down for the M3LR in 2016. We didn't pick up the car until 2018 because that was when they finally added the dual-motor. In the meanwhile, countless bugs were worked out. When we got the car, we were thrilled. I'm expecting the same experience with Rivian. I read about everyone's issues and I'm very happy that there are a lot of early adopters in front of me.

OTOH, it's great to start to see so many Rivian R1Ts out on the road. It went from a mythical unicorn to, "Check it out, there's a R1T, it's the second this week!" And I know I'm in line somewhere.

Would I like it now? Of course. Will I be excited next summer/fall when it arrives? You bet.

· Registered
505 Posts
I was one of the first to put a reservation down for the M3LR in 2016. We didn't pick up the car until 2018 because that was when they finally added the dual-motor. In the meanwhile, countless bugs were worked out. When we got the car, we were thrilled. I'm expecting the same experience with Rivian. I read about everyone's issues and I'm very happy that there are a lot of early adopters in front of me.

OTOH, it's great to start to see so many Rivian R1Ts out on the road. It went from a mythical unicorn to, "Check it out, there's a R1T, it's the second this week!" And I know I'm in line somewhere.

Would I like it now? Of course. Will I be excited next summer/fall when it arrives? You bet.
I ordered an M3 in 2016 as well but bought a Model S when they sent an email offering a deal on a software limited 60, I thought it might be awhile to get the M3, got my Model S in July 2016. There were a couple of people that stood in line with me and got their M3s fall 2018 but one guy we worked with ordered his in 2017 and got it a couple months earlier than they did.

Maybe it was this Tesla experience that really tempered my preorder expectations for the Rivian. Tesla was delivering to Tesla and SpaceX employees ahead of regular customers and had a kind of family and friends thing going as well.

I’m just looking forward to the R1S whenever it gets delivered.

· Registered
13 Posts

I agree. Every bug discovered and production process improvement implemented is a plus. And it’s already November!

I’ve seen some R1Ses on trucks being shipped, have yet to see one on the road here in MA.

· Registered
7 Posts
I really don’t understand why LAUNCH editions haven’t been the prioritization.

Like a lot of you, my window has been moved four times now from 10/2019. Most recently from Oct/Dec 22 to Feb/March 23. I live in Atlanta so SC proximity isn’t an issue. I see my same build is being delivered in Atlanta already sans the green interior. I’m left to assume the forest edge is why I keep getting delayed. I reached out to support today to inquire if that’s the issue and the most unhelpful rep told me they can’t tell me that info. 🤔

· Registered
810 Posts
I really don’t understand why LAUNCH editions haven’t been the prioritization.
Every single R1S produced so far has been an LE, as far as I have seen. I assume you mean R1S because that's what this thread is about. That sounds like prioritization to me.

With the R1T, the production order got messed up earlier this year because of the Ocean Coast interior and problems with the supply of underbody shields and some of the wheel options (among other things), so they had to make a decision to either stop all production until those were available, OR to ship what they could make, even if it wasn't an LE. They did the latter, and told us they were going to do that. They also set up the R1 Store to give early pre-order holders a chance to get what's available instead of having to wait. I believe most of the R1T LE have already been delivered (with some notable exceptions such as orders from Canada and from States that don't allow service centers), so Adventure editions are now the bulk of the R1T shipments. You don't really expect them to stop producing R1T entirely until R1S LE are finished?

Your R1S (?) order from 11/19 has a window of Jan/Feb 2023, which means you'll get yours 5-6 months after the R1S started production. That sounds perfectly reasonable and expected, to me, since there are about 1 year's worth of R1S orders ahead of yours, so I don't really see much to complain about here. I'm not sure about @olmsted (2018 pre-order) since no location was mentioned, but IMO the 2018 R1S LE preorders ought to be fulfilled before the end of this year given the current R1S production numbers. Unless there's something funky about the configuration that is blocking production, in which case I expect Rivian to batch the R1S like they did with the R1T.

· Registered
7 Posts
Every single R1S produced so far has been an LE, as far as I have seen. I assume you mean R1S because that's what this thread is about. That sounds like prioritization to me.
I don’t mean R1S. It’s a generalized statement about what’s been the course thus far.

With the R1T, the production order got messed up earlier this year because of the Ocean Coast interior and problems with the supply of underbody shields and some of the wheel options (among other things), so they had to make a decision to either stop all production until those were available, OR to ship what they could make, even if it wasn't an LE. They did the latter, and told us they were going to do that. They also set up the R1 Store to give early pre-order holders a chance to get what's available instead of having to wait. I believe most of the R1T LE have already been delivered (with some notable exceptions such as orders from Canada and from States that don't allow service centers), so Adventure editions are now the bulk of the R1T shipments. You don't really expect them to stop producing R1T entirely until R1S LE are finished?
Im familiar with their issues. No I don’t expect a a stop in production, hence the use of the word prioritize.

Your R1S (?) order from 11/19 has a window of Jan/Feb 2023, which means you'll get yours 5-6 months after the R1S started production. That sounds perfectly reasonable and expected, to me, since there are about 1 year's worth of R1S orders ahead of yours, so I don't really see much to complain about here. I'm not sure about @olmsted (2018 pre-order) since no location was mentioned, but IMO the 2018 R1S LE preorders ought to be fulfilled before the end of this year given the current R1S production numbers. Unless there's something funky about the configuration that is blocking production, in which case I expect Rivian to batch the R1S like they did with the R1T.
My order was 10/19, my fourth and most recent delay is Feb/March, but yes I do see that as a reasonable time frame from start of production. I’m not sure where I said it wasn’t.

What my post was about is speculation on why my particular build keeps getting delayed, because there are people receiving builds from 11/20 and the only difference is black mountain vs. forest edge. I don’t think it’s unreasonable, especially after the ocean coast debacle to inquire with customer care if this is the case.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts