Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Rivian's change of making the off road upgrade package optional a hint that if you want an early delivery, this option may not be available. Configuration is a precondition along with location and color to first deliveries - I think this is the only configuration option in the LE that would have been a configuration issue in delivery, hence its been pulled and made an option.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
314 Posts
I thought something similar. Not necessarily that they won't deliver early with the off road package. But that by taking it out they could speed up production and increase delivery numbers. For a start up like Rivian it's more important to show that they can deliver than to show profit margins. Specially with the IPO coming likely in the Fall.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Someone on another forum was told the exact opposite - opting for removing it would increase your wait. I don't think making it optional has anything to do with their ability or inability to deliver the offroad package.

Anything anyone says is pure speculation (including my above opinion) until you get a guide and you ask them yourself.

Configure what you want to buy, not what you think will get you there faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.