Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
22 Posts
Can we opt into a geographic grouping so that we can see and be seen by location?

I’m in MA if that starts the conversation
Agreed. It would be good to see everyone by zip code (to retain some degree of privacy … it's not as if all the giant companies don't already have the last four of our SSN, our credit, our bank accounts and blood types … : )
I'm in Minnesota. 55902.

·
Registered
70 Posts
San Diego, CA here, an order placed on R1T on 11/29/21. Way late in the game but hoping I can still get it mid-late 2023. I'm not new to EV's, owning a Volt, Leaf, and for the past 3 cars, Teslas. Before COVID, I thought I'd probably end up in a Cybertruck or Rivian and didn't think reservations would be needed on Rivian since it'd be out for a year or so by the time my current Lease ended (ending in July). How naive I was. lol. Anyway, as the end of the lease approached and with delays as well as chip shortage, I realized I need to have an interim car. I placed an order on my 4th Tesla for now but eagerly waiting for my reservation to come up on the R1T...

·
Administrator
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy from Austin, TX! I'm an R1S Adventure / 22" AT / Forest Green / Ocean Coast pre-order holder from 8/24/21. I'm expecting my delivery in the first half of 2023, though it couldn't come sooner. My family and I do a fair bit of traveling overseas but I'm hoping to do a larger proportion of our travel domestically with the R1S. We want to be able to get out to remote places and explore the great American west on our own wheels. Hoping to join up with fellow Texans, New Mexicans (?), or any other Rivianers for adventures!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Howdy from Austin, TX! I'm an R1S Adventure / 22" AT / Forest Green / Ocean Coast pre-order holder from 8/24/21. I'm expecting my delivery in the first half of 2023, though it couldn't come sooner. My family and I do a fair bit of traveling overseas but I'm hoping to do a larger proportion of our travel domestically with the R1S. We want to be able to get out to remote places and explore the great American west on our own wheels. Hoping to join up with fellow Texans, New Mexicans (?), or any other Rivianers for adventures!
Welcome @fjordingacross! Are there any places on the list you want to go first in the R1S?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Welcome. Did you consider any other new EVs before going with the R1S?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome. Did you consider any other new EVs before going with the R1S?
Thanks! Sort of. I briefly considered the Cybertruck, but I couldn't get past its looks or its "technology-for-technology's-sake" positioning. It's cool, but it's just not for me. I also looked at Bollinger, but they have a laughably limited range and are too heavy for my wallet.

The main reason I chose Rivian is because of its focus on an adventure + family lifestyle, which is the lifestyle I want to live in a bigger way.

·
Administrator
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Let's welcome our new members!
Please take a moment to introduce yourselves :)

·
Administrator
179 Posts

·
Administrator
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

·
Administrator
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Let's welcome our new members!
Please take a moment to introduce yourselves :)

·
Administrator
179 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey All - Drax here. Resident of Central Florida and a huge fan! A couple neighbors have taken delivery of their R1T’s and I’m anxiously awaiting their R1S deliveries too 😂. Well versed in all things EV’s as I’ve had several Leaf’s and Tesla’s over the years.

Looking forward to contributing to some discussion and seeing how all of this unfolds.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts