Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear RJ
Many of us are conflicted with what to do next. We have convinced ourselves and our loved ones to commit to a vehicle from a new company sight unseen. We have evangelized to our friends and families as to who and what Rivian is. In my case, I continuously rationalize what will be the second largest purchase of my life – of a depreciating asset from a start-up that has repeatedly missed self-imposed schedule milestones.

But we have bought in. Not to a concept car, but to the idea of keeping the world adventurous forever.

I don’t pretend to understand the difficulty of building a new company and designing a new car. We Riviots understand that those challenges are exasperated by a global pandemic, supply chain issues, and inflationary pressures. I want Rivian to succeed. And to succeed, Rivian needs to make money. And if you need to raise prices to do it, I begrudgingly understand.

However, there are things within Rivian’s control that Rivian needs to do better. Communication being numbers one, two, and three.

I understand and agree that you do not owe us early adopters anything from a business transaction standpoint outside of what is in the fine print. But you do need us (and we need you) if we are going to meet your company’s mission.

Sincerely

August 2019 Reservation Holder

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dear RJ
Many of us are conflicted with what to do next. We have convinced ourselves and our loved ones to commit to a vehicle from a new company sight unseen. We have evangelized to our friends and families as to who and what Rivian is. In my case, I continuously rationalize what will be the second largest purchase of my life – of a depreciating asset from a start-up that has repeatedly missed self-imposed schedule milestones.

But we have bought in. Not to a concept car, but to the idea of keeping the world adventurous forever.

I don’t pretend to understand the difficulty of building a new company and designing a new car. We Riviots understand that those challenges are exasperated by a global pandemic, supply chain issues, and inflationary pressures. I want Rivian to succeed. And to succeed, Rivian needs to make money. And if you need to raise prices to do it, I begrudgingly understand.

However, there are things within Rivian’s control that Rivian needs to do better. Communication being numbers one, two, and three.

I understand and agree that you do not owe us early adopters anything from a business transaction standpoint outside of what is in the fine print. But you do need us (and we need you) if we are going to meet your company’s mission.

Sincerely

August 2019 Reservation Holder
Well said!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry, but my letter would be very different. This is from a 3+ year reservation holder whose vehicle was supposed to be delivered in May:

RJ, you just committed brand suicide. You took your most loyal and patient fans and punched them in the gut. I'm cancelling my order, and will be sure to tell my big network of prospective EV-buying friends exactly how I was treated by Rivian.

Who drives a $100k pickup anyway? Douches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts