Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to use a SUV to jump the R1T up by the instruction above; only able to get the doors opened, but the R1T is not able to keep up. I guess I have to access and charge the two 12V batteries directly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I use one external battery to jump on R1T’s both internal 12v batteries at the same time? Which means both of them are connected together if do so. Thx

·
Registered
501 Posts
Can I use one external battery to jump on R1T’s both internal 12v batteries at the same time? Which means both of them are connected together if do so. Thx
It looks like that second jumper cable is seriously lacking. It's too thin, kinked up even cut at the extreme left side of the photo?- it's probably not doing anything at all.. you need to get better cables to carry some current..

VIN 004XX and it looks like you just rolled the white car cover up to open the hood? Factory demo car?
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Eyelash Automotive design

·
Registered
R1T
25 Posts
Is it me, or does it seem odd that Rivian would just crimp on some lug terminals on the end of the jumper cable and wrap them with tape... wouldn't a standard high-current connector make more sense...? just sayin'... looks like an after-market opportunity to me.

Reactions: cmhalverson
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.