Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 21 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got this too. I don’t think max pack exists.
Technically you are right. Rivian has definitely not gotten a 400 mile beta version verified by the EPA yet.

Until they get a 400 mile range MAX pack certified by the EPA, they can't sell it to customers. Will they ever produce a 400 mile version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Booo.

RJ sent out an email this morning outlining MAX pack orders won't start delivery until 2023.

But they will contact us to inquiry if we want to downgrade to a Large pack and possibly take delivery in 2022 of a Rivian.

Disappointing.
I don't expect any more that 25,000 deliveries in 2022. Hopeful half of you back out of you reservation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24 Posts
And just as importantly, we won’t be getting a delivery timeframe before the end of the year - that is now scheduled for “early 2022”

Wonder when we will hear that Limestone is delayed too
Half-way down the email RJ says, "We will begin sending Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders their estimated delivery window later today." Not sure if that also means max pack pre-orders will get a 2023 window today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Half-way down the email RJ says, "We will begin sending Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders their estimated delivery window later today." Not sure if that also means max pack pre-orders will get a 2023 window today.
Unlikely, as email also says, "rivian will be contacting Max pack holders from 2018-2019 to see if they want to change to large pack."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Drastically rethinking my configuration now. Beyond the concern that Congress may actually get their act together in 2022 regarding EV tax credit limits, I don't think my fomo will allow me to wait another 2ish years for this truck. Might have to shift to the Large pack and pray for future OTA updates that extend range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Invest in Rivian stock... by the time the Max Pack is available, the stock sale profit will pay for the pack :)
Because of the slow ramp by Rivian, it's stock will probably drift down in price over the next 6-12 months. The valuation of Rivian is way ahead of it's ability to produce vehicles. Hopefully that will change "SooN" but right now they are still struggling to get units out the door and into buyers hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Just got my Max Pack delivery window for "first half of 2023" email.
Same here, pre-order placed May 2020.

I really want to hold out for a longer range R1S (Rivian is apparently no longer refering to it as a "Max"), but suspect that delivery will not be until 2025. If that's the case, which we will only know through lack of information from Rivian, I may go with the R1T Max if it really does look like I can have it less than 18 months from now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
473 Posts
Drastically rethinking my configuration now. Beyond the concern that Congress may actually get their act together in 2022 regarding EV tax credit limits, I don't think my fomo will allow me to wait another 2ish years for this truck. Might have to shift to the Large pack and pray for future OTA updates that extend range.
OTA updates if they come will. It help with the range we desire
 
1 - 21 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top