Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
R1S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious how many OTA updates have been sent out since the R1Ts started delivery? (I would assume the R1Ss, which have just started arriving, have had fairly few).
I took delivery of a Lucid Air Grand Touring in Sept. and have been impressed at how fast they are evolving the software. Just wondered if Rivian is doing the same. (Ha…assuming it’s not perfect already)
Thanks!

· Registered
505 Posts
I’m curious how many OTA updates have been sent out since the R1Ts started delivery? (I would assume the R1Ss, which have just started arriving, have had fairly few).
I took delivery of a Lucid Air Grand Touring in Sept. and have been impressed at how fast they are evolving the software. Just wondered if Rivian is doing the same. (Ha…assuming it’s not perfect already)
Thanks!
Rivian has been doing a pretty decent OTA about once a month.

· Premium Member
36 Posts
They need to add Dash Cam Recording to the next OTA Update. No reason, simple software update/upgrade to make cameras record while driving, not just while parked.
I've used my DVR devices for over 6 years now, 4-5 times to show police/insurance/my company/rental company who was really at fault during an accidents.

· Registered
810 Posts
Well, this isn't a thread about what you want in the next OTA - there are several threads already for that. Maybe discuss it in one of those?

To answer the OP's question - Rivian has been pushing OTA updates out roughly every 4-weeks. From the version numbers, it appears they're on a 4-week development cycle, with the push coming after a variable amount of testing at the end of the cycle. The OTA update first gets pushed to beta testers (mostly employees) and depending on the results of that might be modified a few times before going out to the general public. The last one was pushed two weeks ago, so the next one is expected in another two weeks or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts