Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a six month pre-order, was hoping to take delivery sometimes by the end of the year. With it being less likely to be able to get the tax credit, and my pre-order being after the price increase being higher than currently available low mileage vehicles being flipped vehicles I decided to take a look what is out there. I found a vehicle out of state with 1000 miles on the odometer for quite a bit less than what I will pay for when my order comes up. Car is at a dealership and was traded in, I was given photos as well as a video tour of the vehicle. CARFAX is clean. I called Rivian with vin to check service history, and they stated they were unable to give me an information until I took ownership. The car looks pristine, and no warning bells are going off, I think I’m gonna go ahead and do the purchase. I am not sure that the prior owner did the safety recall, what other things are good to look at on the vehicle when taking delivery?

Thanks so much for your help

· Registered
2 Posts
I am a six month pre-order, was hoping to take delivery sometimes by the end of the year. With it being less likely to be able to get the tax credit, and my pre-order being after the price increase being higher than currently available low mileage vehicles being flipped vehicles I decided to take a look what is out there. I found a vehicle out of state with 1000 miles on the odometer for quite a bit less than what I will pay for when my order comes up. Car is at a dealership and was traded in, I was given photos as well as a video tour of the vehicle. CARFAX is clean. I called Rivian with vin to check service history, and they stated they were unable to give me an information until I took ownership. The car looks pristine, and no warning bells are going off, I think I’m gonna go ahead and do the purchase. I am not sure that the prior owner did the safety recall, what other things are good to look at on the vehicle when taking delivery?

Thanks so much for your help
In your same boat, looking pretty hard at the used market with ~1k miles. Following for any advice as I’d love to take delivery before Q4…

· Registered
655 Posts
The R1T should not be any different when it come to the used car market. As with ANY ICE vehicle, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. The BUYER BEWARE mantra always applies with any used vehicle purchase. All you can do is do your research and hope you are not getting a lemon.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The R1T should not be any different when it come to the used car market. As with ANY ICE vehicle, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. The BUYER BEWARE mantra always applies with any used vehicle purchase. All you can do is do your research and hope you are not getting a lemon.
Thanks. I guess what I was asking, is what big ticket issues have people had on deliveries of their R1Ts specifically, so I could check for them, and put in a repair ticket if needed. I searched for that, but couldn't find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts