Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t have a garage so my wall charger is mounted outside. I’m thinking it would be good to protect it from the weather when not in use. Anyone else doing that? I can’t seem to find any products for this online. Anyone know any?

thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don’t have a garage so my wall charger is mounted outside. I’m thinking it would be good to protect it from the weather when not in use. Anyone else doing that? I can’t seem to find any products for this online. Anyone know any?

thanks!
I would look at the State of Charge youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/StateOfChargeWithTomMoloughney). He reviews EVSE units there, including commenting on weather ratings and cable usability for various units. You may not need an extra enclosure if you buy a unit that is meant to be out in the elements.

·
Registered
10 Posts

thanks!
I had the same issue on a Tesla wall charger mounted outside on a beachfront house in Florida. I was concerned that the UV and ozone would take its toll. Just like you, I couldn't find anything on the market so I handmade a vinyl (oh, I mean vegan leather) boot with bungee around the edge. Works like a champ. Maybe I'll start a business making them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts