Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

3.5 YEARS, 41.5 MONTHS, 291 WEEKS AND 1,264 days from order to delivery - MAYBE! Oh, and I guess now I can expect more delays quarterly.

This is the FOURTH time I've been pushed back the delivery. I NEVER CHANGED my configuration. I have made plans based on EVERY ONE of your erroneous delivery windows. I have cancelled those plans FOUR TIMES.

And as an additional insult - you are using my $1,000 interest free for 3.5 years.

What kind of auto company do you ever expect to be IF YOU CAN'T BE TRUSTED?

Then, you see people who ordered a year after get deliveries 9 months earlier?

Rivian obviously doesn't care about those of us who trusted you FROM THE BEGINNING (order date 04/14/20 most recent window July/September 2023). Rivian would rather make money with their corporate clients and simply screw the people who have been supporters. Rivian's continued lies are getting OLD!

· Registered
3 Posts
I received my Lucid in 4 1/2 months of my 4-6 month window. I just don’t understand why Rivian feels the need to continually lie to their early adopters. Tell us the truth about how you over stated your delivery capability. We can take it. However, I’m not so sure that the SEC will be so forgiving.

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
141 Posts
I received my Lucid in 4 1/2 months of my 4-6 month window. I just don’t understand why Rivian feels the need to continually lie to their early adopters. Tell us the truth about how you over stated your delivery capability. We can take it. However, I’m not so sure that the SEC will be so forgiving.
What has Rivian lied about?

· Registered
3 Posts
Delivery windows of course. 7/21 order and I was supposed to receive my R1S in February of 2022. Then they dropped the delivery windows from their website prior to the IPO and lied ever since. Now I am looking at July-September and I’m sure that is also wrong.

Like I said, Lucid was able to deliver within their 4-6 month window and they are facing all of the same supply chain issues. Level with people and most will forgive. Lie to people and they won’t.

· Registered
7 Posts
Isn't this a lie?

"Now that vehicle production is ramping up at our factory in Normal, IL, and we’re building out our service and support in your region, we’re able to share an updated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now May - June 2022. "

Then it was October to December, and now it is January to February 2023.

I think building a new electric vehicle is completely new and very complex and blah blah blah. Timely communication with customers is not a new thing, and there isn't much excuse for doing such a bad job at it, IMO. I will have been hanging around for 4+ years (reserved early Jan 2019) when my next window comes around. That is my fourth delivery window. I understand the frustration people are feeling, since for most people a car is one of the most expensive items they will purchase, and that takes some planning to prepare for, and so shifting delivery dates causes a lot of inconvenience.

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
141 Posts
If I say I'm going to pick you up at 8 and I get there at 9:30 because of traffic, getting lost, pulled over, etc. does that mean I lied?

Do you think Rivian deliberately tried to deceive you?

If I believed that, I would cancel my order ASAP.

· Registered
3 Posts
If I say I'm going to pick you up at 8 and I get there at 9:30 because of traffic, getting lost, pulled over, etc. does that mean I lied?

Do you think Rivian deliberately tried to deceive you?

If I believed that, I would cancel my order ASAP.
Let me guess, you already have an R1S or are getting one shortly? Hard to defend Rivian, unless you are in either position.

To answer your question. If you said you were going to get there at 8:00 and knew you wouldn’t, that would make you a liar also.

· Registered
2 Posts
The delivery delays are definitely unfortunate and annoying. I live in FL and when I placed my order in 4/2021 the initial delivery window was 2nd half of 2022, i.e. now. Soon after it was pushed to Q2 2023, which was OK and I kinda expected it with supply chain issues and what not. Now I was given a 'window' of 2024, which my guess is that I might get the R1S in Q1 or Q2 of 2025 if all goes well.
I was really hoping to upgrade my ICE car with an electric vehicle soon and I need at least 6 seats and 5000+lbs towing capacity. The R1S would be a great fit and was going to be one of the earlier cars that met my needs. Now looking at 2024 or 2025 I see at least 6 other cars coming on the market that have those specs or better, so I really need to reevaluate.
Hoping for some miracle I guess that Rivian can speed things up :)

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
114 Posts
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

3.5 YEARS, 41.5 MONTHS, 291 WEEKS AND 1,264 days from order to delivery - MAYBE! Oh, and I guess now I can expect more delays quarterly.

This is the FOURTH time I've been pushed back the delivery. I NEVER CHANGED my configuration. I have made plans based on EVERY ONE of your erroneous delivery windows. I have cancelled those plans FOUR TIMES.

And as an additional insult - you are using my $1,000 interest free for 3.5 years.

Rivian obviously doesn't care about those of us who trusted you FROM THE BEGINNING (order date 04/14/20 most recent window July/September 2023). Rivian would rather make money with their corporate clients and simply screw the people who have been supporters. Rivian's continued lies are getting OLD!
You should cancel your order and get your $1000 back to teach them a lesson. Even when the vehicle is delivered you're clearly never going to be happy with it or the company.

· Registered
141 Posts
Let me guess, you already have an R1S or are getting one shortly? Hard to defend Rivian, unless you are in either position.

To answer your question. If you said you were going to get there at 8:00 and knew you wouldn’t, that would make you a liar also.
I ordered a year ago and "expected" delivery is a year from now. So you guessed wrong.

You accuse Rivian of deliberate deception, then ("and knew you wouldn't")? Because my scenario was meant to put the delays mostly out of Rivian's control (which I believe to be true).

If you haven't cancelled your order by now, you really should.

· Registered
50 Posts
You should cancel your order and get your $1000 back to teach them a lesson. Even when the vehicle is delivered you're clearly never going to be happy with it or the company.
YEAH! That missing $1,000 will teach Rivian a lesson. Maybe I'll get mine quicker now that there is a single less order in the system. Only like 34,999 more people who need to do the same thing til I get mine....

· Registered
1 Posts
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING
ORDERED 1/24/2019
DELAYED 5 times
Now July to Sept 2023
I ordered with my son was 11 and he was so excited. He's not 15 and doesn't give a s*** anymore

· Super Moderator
574 Posts
I think that there are often two extremes on display in this forum.

Some folks have unrealistic expectations about an advent company like Rivian, and are far too quick to ascribe nefarious motives to what are unfortunate, but essentially unavoidable events from a new company (delays, deletion of features, changes in policy, etc). These kind of things are not, or at least should not be, unexpected from a start-up, (though very well-capitalized) company bringing a complex new product to market. It's human nature to grouse about such changes, but folks should really consider the totality of the situation before accusing the company of acting in deliberate bad faith. It wouldn't hurt folks who respond to be a bit more considerate however.

At the other end of the spectrum are some who essentially absolve Rivian of any blame, regardless. I wrote above that many of the missteps are essentially unavoidable, but that does not mean Rivian gets a free pass every time. While Rivian has not necessarily been deceptive, I think that most will agree that they are some distance away from being truly forthcoming. Rivian can't control every aspect of their business, but they are in control of the information that their customers want, and in my view, are entitled to.

While I'm not among the very early adopters, my pre-order has been in place for quite a while, 2-1/2 years. Despite the latest estimated delivery window of "sometime in 2024" (a change from the previous communication that stated 1H2023), I fully expect that will be pushed out even more. I can live with a further delay but expect Rivian to be up front about disclosing it. I also can live with Rivian killing off the quad-motor Max in favor of the new dual-motor, and even with them not honoring my pre-March pricing (the dual-motor model was after all, not offered when I signed up). Just tell me what you're planning Rivian, and give me a chance to make my own plans with accurate and candid information.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts