Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello we bought the second hand car a week ago and we are still waiting for Rivian to change ownership and we still can't use the app on the phone. Has anyone been through this experience or know why the process takes so long!
Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow, congrats. Did you buy an R1T used? Do you mind telling us how much you paid? Just curious if the asking prices people are posting are actually selling for that still.

Regarding the change of ownership, I'm sure this is not something they've dealt with much so I can imagine it's stuck in some queue. When you get online to contact support or call, what do they say?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, congrats. Did you buy an R1T used? Do you mind telling us how much you paid? Just curious if the asking prices people are posting are actually selling for that still.

Regarding the change of ownership, I'm sure this is not something they've dealt with much so I can imagine it's stuck in some queue. When you get online to contact support or call, what do they say?
Hi I call and they go to call me back to do the process but I still waiting. 100k but is a lot options in the second hand market

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi I call and they go to call me back to do the process but I still waiting. 100k but is a lot options in the second hand market
Ah ok so they're saying they are working on it but nothing is moving. That's frustrating I'm sure. Is there a service center nearby? Maybe you can just go directly there and tell them to switch it over?

Regarding price, that is much better than the prices we've seen posted so that's good for you! Are you enjoying the truck other than that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok so they're saying they are working on it but nothing is moving. That's frustrating I'm sure. Is there a service center nearby? Maybe you can just go directly there and tell them to switch it over?

Regarding price, that is much better than the prices we've seen posted so that's good for you! Are you enjoying the truck other than that?
someone didn't want her and I needed her. everything is excellent and works perfectly the only thing missing is the transfer for the application to work which is the only thing pending

·
Registered
37 Posts
way back in 2015 we purchased a used Tesla. They made us jump through a bunch of hoops (all justified) to prove the transfer of ownership before they'd give us access to the app. As I recall it took a couple weeks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Assuming it's the only Rivian in the seller's account? If so, they should just go in and remove their personal information, credit card, if entered and give you that account, then you can change the info over time to your own, including changing the e-mail and password. But at least that way, you have app access immediately. I've sold several Tesla's and always used a new account to purchase each one, almost solely for this purpose. Tesla was also VERY slow to transfer accounts, plus make you jump through a bunch of hoops. They didn't sell it or make money on it, so I guess it's not a priority item for them. Guessing Rivian will be the same. Would ask the seller to give you the original account as they likely don't need it. Only if they purchased more than one with the same account does it make it not a viable option. Otherwise, as the seller of any of my personal vehicles, I always want the buyer to have the best experience. Tesla always kind of spoiled that new car excitement with their attitude and delays in getting accounts switched over. Generally always too well over 30 days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks yesterday they made the transfer at night when I turned it on in the morning my name already appeared they are very they answer very well by phone and I always thought it would be similar to the Tesla process but I have never had one or maybe they read the forum and they hurried thanks to all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts