Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R1S reservation holder. So pumped for delivery! Reason I’m buying is exactly what they target - a fun car to drive in the city and equally capable car to drive in technically challenging environment.

My chief concern is around the exterior and any additional protection from rock chips, gravel dings, etc. I want to get out and play but I still want it to stay super sharp as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you plan to drive off-road you need to learn to live with scratches and dents on the truck. I am not kidding. That damage will happen and you must be emotionally prepared for it. Once the scratches and dents start accumulating you have to resist the temptation of having them fixed. If you spend money to fix them it will be very hard to go off-road again knowing that soon new scratches and dents will ruing the repairs you just paid for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you plan to drive off-road you need to learn to live with scratches and dents on the truck. I am not kidding. That damage will happen and you must be emotionally prepared for it. Once the scratches and dents start accumulating you have to resist the temptation of having them fixed. If you spend money to fix them it will be very hard to go off-road again knowing that soon new scratches and dents will ruing the repairs you just paid for.
Sigh….you are wise. Very wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.