Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
R1T Limestone/OC, R1S on order, RAV4 Prime
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my front end wrapped in XPEL PPF and added the STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection. (The rest of the truck I covered in film from TWRAPS who were super helpful in helping this novice do a pro looking job)

A great little company in North Phoenix AZ (DETAILPHX) did the bigger job and I can't rave enough about the quality. These guys are pros--they were incredibly detail-oriented and got the job done fast. They've apparently done a fair share of R1Ts and even a couple of R1S's. So, they're good at it.

The DYNOFlex is a game changer, it's an 8mil film that goes on the outside of the windshield and helps protect from rock chips and cracks. The team at DetailPHX told me that there would be a tiny bit of distortion but it is hardly noticeable and well worth saving the windshield here in Arizona.

If you are going to do film protection, you should consider DetailPHX, can't rave enough.

· Registered
23 Posts
I would love to see some pictures!

Just got a quote to do full front end, rockers, door sills, a-pillars, and rear bumper XPEL and full car/wheels with Opticoat pro + at a cost of about $5500.

Sounds expensive to me...thoughts?

R1S

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you shift your gaze from within the cabin, do you notice any optical distortion caused by DYNOflex? What about at night, against on-coming headlights or passing light sources?
there is a tiny bit that is noticeable but not so much that I really noticed as I drove home. Haven't driven at night yet, but will report back tomorrow night.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to see some pictures!

Just got a quote to do full front end, rockers, door sills, a-pillars, and rear bumper XPEL and full car/wheels with Opticoat pro + at a cost of about $5500.

Sounds expensive to me...thoughts?

R1S
I'll take some pictures tomorrow and get them posted. Why don't you do the 1500 front end deal through the XPEL link provided by Rivian and then buy the other components from TWRAPS and do those yourself. I'm a complete moron and I was able to install everything without much trouble. The only one that was challenging was the rear light, but that is only because I didn't realize there was a inset section across the bottom center of the light.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally stopped raining, so I tried to take a little video of the slight distortion that the film gas in it… But I can’t seem to capture it on the film. The film might still be curing, but there is a slight waviness on some parts of the view, but nothing that bothers me at all. Here’s a photo looking through the windshield, but you can’t really tell.
Plant Property Car Vehicle Hood

· Vendor
7 Posts
As you shift your gaze from within the cabin, do you notice any optical distortion caused by DYNOflex? What about at night, against on-coming headlights or passing light sources?
I have it on my x5 and there is no distortion no added glair. Highly recommend seeing as Windshields are costing an arm and a leg these days. I actually saw its worth in real time over the weekend, driving on the freeway witht the whole family in the car and something shot off the tire from the car in front of us, hit the glass loud enough for my 4 year old daughter to ask what hit the car... no crack no webs, found a small little nick on the passenger side windshield but it was on the dynoflex, so i figure ill let it do its thing another few times then just replace the film.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts