Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pre-ordered an R1S in January 2022. Curious to find out at end of October our predicted delivery date. We've had a Volvo XC40 Recharge BEV since May of 2021 and absolutely love it. The S will replace our aging Toyota 4Runner, 2007 with 235,000 miles on it. It will be our new mountain car, primarily used to go to our remote cabin in the Mosquito Range in central Colorado. The last few miles to our cabin at 11,400 feet elevation is on a quite rough Forest Service road and I'm eager to see how the S handles it. Also curious about how it does sitting in quite cold winter conditions the 7 months of the year that we have to park two miles from our cabin and snowshoe in. Round trip from our home is about 180 miles, so the range on the S should be good, even in winter conditions. I'm keeping an eye out for when winter tires will be available in 21 inch size.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, friend. Pre-ordered my R1S in April 2022 from Fort Collins. I'm not much of a gambler, but if I were, my money would be that people like you and me will get a summer 2023-ish window when they update in late October. Then we just will need to wait and see if that holds... I'm an optimist, but won't be holding my breath.

BTW: my wife has an XC90 Recharge and I'm replacing my 2016 4Runner with the R1S. Must be a Colorado thing.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in a similar boat, friend. Pre-ordered my R1S in April 2022 from Fort Collins. I'm not much of a gambler, but if I were, my money would be that people like you and me will get a summer 2023-ish window when they update in late October. Then we just will need to wait and see if that holds... I'm an optimist, but won't be holding my breath.

BTW: my wife has an XC90 Recharge and I'm replacing my 2016 4Runner with the R1S. Must be a Colorado thing.
Wow, what a coincidence. We should have a Rivian meetup somewhere next year. I'm betting on 2nd half of 2023 for us back-of-the-linders. We also should compare what we get for our 4Runners. Your 2016 should get a lot of interest.

· Super Moderator
574 Posts
Congrats to both of you. While I hope that delivery next summer happens for you, just keep in mind that no one ever went broke underestimating when their Rivian was likely to be in the driveway (with apologies to HL Menken).

· Registered
3 Posts
I'll join this exclusive CO club if it's cool. Live in Summit, pre-ordered Nov 2021 and will be replacing my 2020 4Runner Pro. Curious as well to see what ETA they will give us. The only estimated delivery window I was given was second half of 2023 and that was back in late Dec 2021. Promising news they reported today that they're on track to meet 2022 production goals. Cheers All,
Ryan

PS - Down for a CO meetup next year!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll join this exclusive CO club if it's cool. Live in Summit, pre-ordered Nov 2021 and will be replacing my 2020 4Runner Pro. Curious as well to see what ETA they will give us. The only estimated delivery window I was given was second half of 2023 and that was back in late Dec 2021. Promising news they reported today that they're on track to meet 2022 production goals. Cheers All,
Ryan

PS - Down for a CO meetup next year!
Totally cool. Welcome to our growing Colorado/Rivian/4Runner club. You guys seem to have way newer 4Runners than me!. I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time. I will be a bit sorry to give up my 2007 4Runner -- far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned. And I, too, was glad to see Rivian back on track on production. It seems to me it can only get better from here.

· Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a R1S back in May 2021. Originally I was first half of 2023. Now with the delays I am not optimistic that I will get mine before 2024. I've had friends that ordered their R1T's Oct-Dec 2021 already have them... its been hard not to switch to a R1T but still holding....

Since I have been waiting I have bought a 22 Tesla MYP and a 22 Audi SQ5. The Rivian will be our fun vehicle since I got rid of our Expedition and Raptor... will keep eagerly waiting. Oh.. Denver, CO here.

· Registered
3 Posts
Totally cool. Welcome to our growing Colorado/Rivian/4Runner club. You guys seem to have way newer 4Runners than me!. I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time. I will be a bit sorry to give up my 2007 4Runner -- far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned. And I, too, was glad to see Rivian back on track on production. It seems to me it can only get better from here.
Thanks man. 4Runners are awesome cars just lack power. Can't believe how they hold value too, currently I can sell mine for more than what I paid new. Guess that most cars right now tho. Crazy.

Anyone hear of any R1S test drives in CO yet?

· Registered
1 Posts

I wouldn't be so pessimistic, they are supposed to be rolling out a lot of cars before the year ends.

· Registered
12 Posts
Pre-ordered an R1S in January 2022. Curious to find out at end of October our predicted delivery date. We've had a Volvo XC40 Recharge BEV since May of 2021 and absolutely love it. The S will replace our aging Toyota 4Runner, 2007 with 235,000 miles on it. It will be our new mountain car, primarily used to go to our remote cabin in the Mosquito Range in central Colorado. The last few miles to our cabin at 11,400 feet elevation is on a quite rough Forest Service road and I'm eager to see how the S handles it. Also curious about how it does sitting in quite cold winter conditions the 7 months of the year that we have to park two miles from our cabin and snowshoe in. Round trip from our home is about 180 miles, so the range on the S should be good, even in winter conditions. I'm keeping an eye out for when winter tires will be available in 21 inch size.
Glad to see Colorado kin here. I’m in Centennial and a 02/2021 R1S pre-order. I’ll be sure to update here. Crossing fingers for Q1 of 2023…

· Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
25 Posts
Evergreen here. Sept '21 R1T Max pack reservation holder with 2nd half '23 delivery window. I did the First Mile drive in August which got us much more amped for the truck. The Rivian guy that did the demo told us that if we dropped to Large pack, we'd have it in 6 - 8 weeks. After some consideration, we did change to the Large pack. It's been 7 weeks and not a peep from Rivian. Customer service provided no useful info. The wait is getting harder as I see more & more Rivians on the road around here.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evergreen here. Sept '21 R1T Max pack reservation holder with 2nd half '23 delivery window. I did the First Mile drive in August which got us much more amped for the truck. The Rivian guy that did the demo told us that if we dropped to Large pack, we'd have it in 6 - 8 weeks. After some consideration, we did change to the Large pack. It's been 7 weeks and not a peep from Rivian. Customer service provided no useful info. The wait is getting harder as I see more & more Rivians on the road around here.
Hope you get that squared away soon. It does seem that one thing that Rivian could fix is poor communication.

· Registered
1 Posts
Denver, CO - Reserved a R1S in 8/21. Just read the email sent on 9/30 about adding delivery timelines to our portal by the end of this month. I'll be selling a 2017 Tacoma to swap for the R1S. It really seems like it's Toyota --> Rivian here for everyone here in Colorado.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts