Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my R1T last Wednesday (I'm in NH) and everything has been great so far. Except today I noticed an incredibly loud white noise when I put it in gear.

Is this a pedX sound or something wrong with the truck? Anybody have info on this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the AC or battery pumps are running, they should be able to reduce the sound. Those things are LOUD.

It's noticably louder than other trucks and even had one person comment that the 'engine' was loud, not knowing it was an EV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the AC or battery pumps are running, they should be able to reduce the sound. Those things are LOUD.

It's noticably louder than other vehicles and even had one person comment that the 'engine' was loud, not knowing it was an EV.
So o was finally prompted for the update and it went through. The reduced volume is WAY better. Here's the strange thing though, the original sound didn't start until after I had the truck for 2 weeks

·
Registered
433 Posts

It's noticably louder than other trucks and even had one person comment that the 'engine' was loud, not knowing it was an EV.
Was that on a very hot day? My Tesla is not that noisy until the temperatures get up over a hundred then it can get very loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts