Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery. Guide could not get my iPhone paired to the truck to be used as a key. We got a message during the setup that “something went sideways”.

anyone have suggestions?

we rebooted the system, tried with and without Wi-Fi, turned my phone on/off, and deleted/installed the Rivian app.

help!??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep…I’m betting it’s related.

another question…
when I lock the vehicle with the fob, the lights go out and the mirrors fold, etc.

if I don’t lock the truck and just walk away, the light bar stays on, Rivian entry light stay illuminated, etc.

is there a timer on this…or am I forced to lock the truck to get it shutdown completely?

·
Registered
107 Posts
So this brings up a few good questions:

1—does Rivian have an emergency bypass system that you can start the car with a password like Ford does. Assuming you can get into it?

2–Is there a “valet mode” so you can give a key card to a valet or guest?

3—Is each key card or bracket or carabiner associated with a driver for seat and mirror memory or do you toggle between profiles by selecting different drivers using the display interface? TIA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this brings up a few good questions:

1—does Rivian have an emergency bypass system that you can start the car with a password like Ford does. Assuming you can get into it?

2–Is there a “valet mode” so you can give a key card to a valet or guest?

3—Is each key card or bracket or carabiner associated with a driver for seat and mirror memory or do you toggle between profiles by selecting different drivers using the display interface? TIA.
1, not that I see. Your kinda ball walking, IMO, if your just using your phone...I think it’s great for connivence...but not primary. You’d be wise to have the carabiner, card, or bracelet available.

not sure on 2

3... phones toggle profiles…as you invite people via the app and they create profiles. The other methods are not people specific…but you can choose a profile in the truck.

if no one else chimes in…I’ll dig deeper once my phone is connected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts