Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does your wireless phone charger work? Mine is terrible! The manual says it can charger 2 phones. One on the left and one on the right. Mine barely works with one phone, and only in one place. Just slightly left of center.
Thoughts?
Automotive lighting Hood Bag Gas Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
41 Posts
How well does your wireless phone charger work? Mine is terrible! The manual says it can charger 2 phones. One on the left and one on the right. Mine barely works with one phone, and only in one place. Just slightly left of center.
Thoughts?
View attachment 6582
I just got my R1T this week and I also noticed that the wireless charging is finicky at best. I even removed my case to see if it make a difference. Not. The phone slide around and make it disconnect from the charger. I ordered a new case and to see if it make a difference

·
Registered
273 Posts
So far for me if I orient my iPhone SE in “landscape” on the pad it charges pretty well. In fact, during my inaugural drive home, I had the LiveOne app steaming via BT the whole drive. When I left the DC area I was at 13%, by the time I got home 2.5+ hours later I was at about 86%. My only issue in this regard is that my phone case isn’t very grippy, and despite the Rivian logos on the charging pad supposedly making IT grippy, it’s not for me and the phone likes to slide off the pad towards the pen holder slot or whatever the devil it’s supposed to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my R1T this week and I also noticed that the wireless charging is finicky at best. I even removed my case to see if it make a difference. Not. The phone slide around and make it disconnect from the charger. I ordered a new case and to see if it make a difference
I saw someone post a round magnet attachment to help it. But haven’t seen post since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my R1T was delivered about 3 weeks ago. No problem charging two phones lying side by side. Top of phone towards front of truck. My wife has to remove her cover to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts