Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Rivian Fans. Picked up my Launch Green R1T on Wednesday, June 1.

I was coming down with a cold so I tested for COVID-19, got a negative test so my wife, brother and I hit the road for Atlanta from Chattanooga, TN for a 12:30 appointment. It's about 95 miles but is always a two hour drive to any specific location in Atlanta as a minimum due to traffic.

We stopped for some food and pulled in to Top Golf driving range (a double decker with a couple of Level 1/2 Volva charging stations? Never heard of them before.)

Our nice delivery guy Chad sent us a text and said he was on the way.. We waited with abated breaths until my wife spotted it turning in. He drove a few parking lanes past us and pulled to a stop in a beautiful Launch Green R1T. Wow! It looked great and I jumped out and started toward him waving like a mad man. He spotted me and pulled up next to me and pulled out with his clip board.

Like most Rivian reserve holders, I had watched EVERY Rivian YouTube, both for R1T and R1S, so I didn't need to much of a walk around on the outside. I knew all the storage access, the powered tonneau cover, the spare tire storage area, etc. They didn't have my spare 20" all black off road spare and said they would contact me when it came in. We checked the frunk, gear tunnel, tail gate, and charge port access.

Moving to the inside he showed the flashlight, the Bluetooth speaker, and the Meridian sound system subwoofer under the right back passenger seat.

He helped me sync my phone to the truck, link up Alexa, and covered the steering wheel and steering column stalk switch functioning. I payed close attention to the display demonstration and Chad really knew his stuff.

I was glad to see they had already loaded the latest software. This included batter preconditioning, a new soft sand ride mode, and included a lot of other improvements.

After ~30-40 minutes we test drove by the new and old service centers, I dropped him off and we were on our own in a new R1T!

The old service center was packed full of R1T's ready for delivery. With 1 limestone (which I loved), 1-2 reds, 2-3 whites, 3-4 el cap grays, and 6-8 launch greens there were between 15-20 trucks ready for delivery. I tried to video them all but was half parked in the road IN MY NEW R1T and they started honking before I hardly got started. I was excited and anxious so, of course, I messed up and didn't get the video at all. Sorry about that.... :(

We took turns driving home and the theme of the conversation was lot's of power, smooth, solid, smaller than expected, excellent cornering, drive plus disappointment, and quit looking at the screen and keep your eyes on the road.

When I got home they had delivered my wall charger. Chad gave me the key fob, and two credit card sized NFC chip cards. No wrist band yet - it will come by mail.

I've been sick since June 1, I'm charging using 110v slowly, have a 220v adapter ordered due June 6, flew off to Cancun on family vacation on June 4. So 'Old Smokey', named after Tennessee Smokey Mountains is waiting at home for this engineer to test and play with.

I will say the first full power launch test has been completed and brought a satisfactory scream from my wife.

Hope you get yours soon!

Videos too large to upload. Will provide a YouTube link later.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was coming down with a cold so I tested for COVID-19, got a negative test so my wife, brother and I hit the road for Atlanta from Chattanooga, TN for a 12:30 appointment. It's about 95 miles but is always a two hour drive to any specific location in Atlanta as a minimum due to traffic.

We stopped for some food and pulled in to Top Golf driving range (a double decker with a couple of Level 1/2 Volva charging stations? Never heard of them before.)

Our nice delivery guy Chad sent us a text and said he was on the way.. We waited with abated breaths until my wife spotted it turning in. He drove a few parking lanes past us and pulled to a stop in a beautiful Launch Green R1T. Wow! It looked great and I jumped out and started toward him waving like a mad man. He spotted me and pulled up next to me and pulled out with his clip board.

Like most Rivian reserve holders, I had watched EVERY Rivian YouTube, both for R1T and R1S, so I didn't need to much of a walk around on the outside. I knew all the storage access, the powered tonneau cover, the spare tire storage area, etc. They didn't have my spare 20" all black off road spare and said they would contact me when it came in. We checked the frunk, gear tunnel, tail gate, and charge port access.

Moving to the inside he showed the flashlight, the Bluetooth speaker, and the Meridian sound system subwoofer under the right back passenger seat.

He helped me sync my phone to the truck, link up Alexa, and covered the steering wheel and steering column stalk switch functioning. I payed close attention to the display demonstration and Chad really knew his stuff.

I was glad to see they had already loaded the latest software. This included batter preconditioning, a new soft sand ride mode, and included a lot of other improvements.

After ~30-40 minutes we test drove by the new and old service centers, I dropped him off and we were on our own in a new R1T!

The old service center was packed full of R1T's ready for delivery. With 1 limestone (which I loved), 1-2 reds, 2-3 whites, 3-4 el cap grays, and 6-8 launch greens there were between 15-20 trucks ready for delivery. I tried to video them all but was half parked in the road IN MY NEW R1T and they started honking before I hardly got started. I was excited and anxious so, of course, I messed up and didn't get the video at all. Sorry about that.... :(

We took turns driving home and the theme of the conversation was lot's of power, smooth, solid, smaller than expected, excellent cornering, drive plus disappointment, and quit looking at the screen and keep your eyes on the road.

When I got home they had delivered my wall charger. Chad gave me the key fob, and two credit card sized NFC chip cards. No wrist band yet - it will come by mail.

I've been sick since June 1, I'm charging using 110v slowly, have a 220v adapter ordered due June 6, flew off to Cancun on family vacation on June 4. So 'Old Smokey', named after Tennessee Smokey Mountains is waiting at home for this engineer to test and play with.

I will say the first full power launch test has been completed and brought a satisfactory scream from my wife.

Hope you get yours soon!

I'm soo excited about receiving mine! I actually saw one on the road in Apex, NC (burb of Raleigh) last Tuesday and my wife saw one in Siler City, NC on Hwy 421 yesterday. If you don't mind me asking, what was your preorder date? I placed my preorder in November 2019 so I hope I am getting close.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

Hope you get yours soon!

Congratulations on getting your R1T @syn.mlbrown! Glad to hear that the delivery went smoothly with the Rivian rep. What's been your favorite thing about the R1T so far?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm soo excited about receiving mine! I actually saw one on the road in Apex, NC (burb of Raleigh) last Tuesday and my wife saw one in Siler City, NC on Hwy 421 yesterday. If you don't mind me asking, what was your preorder date? I placed my preorder in November 2019 so I hope I am getting close.
Welcome to the forum @abrower3! Have you received a delivery date from Rivian yet?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations on getting your R1T @syn.mlbrown! Glad to hear that the delivery went smoothly with the Rivian rep. What's been your favorite thing about the R1T so far?
Nice smooth ride, good sturdyC .
I actually got extremely lucky. I pre-ordered November 2021 and had a projected delivery of 2nd half 2023. I saw an email from Rivian that if you were flexible and changed the configuration to what was in production you might be able to get delivery sooner. I immediately jumped on that, changed my battery to large pack from max pack; changed interior from Ocean crest to black; changed my color to limestone; and told them I was willing to pick it up in Atlanta. Two weeks later I was assigned a Rivian guide, had a call with her, and was told maybe later in 2022 delivery. I asked her if any Launch Edition trucks were in production that had not been claimed and she set me up with a Launch Green, Adventure pack, and 20" off road wheels. She reserved it for me and I started the the 8 step process about 3 weeks later. Cost me new prices on the upgrades though - added almost 10k total.

Good luck my friend.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the nice smooth ride, very comfortable seats, and flexibility. I don't like that there are no service centers in Tennessee nor many Fast Chargers - will take more planning and time for trips but I knew that going in. Love my truck!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Is there an Atlanta service center? Or did you pick up somewhere else?
There isn't a service center open yet in Atlanta based on the list on their website.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to year you're enjoying it! Do you have any photos you can share?
There isn't a service center open yet in Atlanta based on the list on their website.

2333 Defoe Hills Rd NW, Atlanta GA 30318 is the address. My delivery guy said they are scheduled to open the new center this month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts