Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
109 Posts
I wish I could fast forward to delivery time. There's nothing interesting happening in my life right now anyway.

Truck looks GREAT. One silly question - does your dog have any trouble jumping into the cabin or bed?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is tall, smaller dogs would have to be lifted and less athletic dogs would need a ramp or help. Fortunately (as you can see) my dog it a good jumper and is able to jump up. I put PPF on the sill to protect it anyway as she does put paws on it as she goes up sometimes.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The build quality is excellent. On part with most any other established cars. There are some quirks that I am sure will be fixed by the OTA releases in the future as they mature. I've not had any of the bed cover issues and my vehicle is working just fine.

Its very comfortable, easy to drive. Fast and I REALLY love the one pedal driving with the heavy regen. I've tried the on-road settings, conserve, standard and sport. You can really tell the difference, ride quality is excellent and handling it spot on.

It is nice after waiting 2 years to get the truck - it is as nice as I had hoped!

GEON

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Loving it so far!

There were 30 R1t's and R1s's at the South San Francisco service center. They were busy!

Delivery was super easy and its been awesome so far!

Oh and Forest Green is the best color.

View attachment 6850
Congratulations my friend. You'll love it I'm sure. I have a Launch Green as well. I've had it since June first and have accumulated 1300 miles. It's the best vehicle I've ever driven. So good for so many use cases.

One trick on trips - use 0-70% to reduce charging time. Took me a little time to figure that out. More frequent stops at fast charge rates trumps fewer stops at slower charge rates.

Good luck!

· Registered
17 Posts
The build quality is excellent. On part with most any other established cars. There are some quirks that I am sure will be fixed by the OTA releases in the future as they mature. I've not had any of the bed cover issues and my vehicle is working just fine.

Its very comfortable, easy to drive. Fast and I REALLY love the one pedal driving with the heavy regen. I've tried the on-road settings, conserve, standard and sport. You can really tell the difference, ride quality is excellent and handling it spot on.

It is nice after waiting 2 years to get the truck - it is as nice as I had hoped!

GEON
@GEON what is your VIN ?

· Registered
23 Posts
My Forest Green arrives tomorrow! I'll be sure to post some pics. Off to a shop for coating soon after. Who has gotten XPEL PPF via the Rivian program? I'm not sure I want stealth wrap on Forest Green because I'm afraid it will mute the color or eliminate its variability in sunlight. Thoughts? Wonder why they don't offer full PPF in gloss as part of the deal with XPEL.

· Registered
149 Posts
Wonder why they don't offer full PPF in gloss as part of the deal with XPEL
I would imagine that it's because it would be a waste of money to do that. They offer gloss coverage for the front half of the truck where you're likely to encounter a chip, but the full coverage of the stealth wrap over parts like the bed sides and tailgate are done only for the look. Why bother wrapping a part of the truck that will likely not get a rock chip when the wrap doesn't change the appearance of the truck?

· Registered
23 Posts
I would imagine that it's because it would be a waste of money to do that. They offer gloss coverage for the front half of the truck where you're likely to encounter a chip, but the full coverage of the stealth wrap over parts like the bed sides and tailgate are done only for the look. Why bother wrapping a part of the truck that will likely not get a rock chip when the wrap doesn't change the appearance of the truck?
So you're saying people are paying thousands of dollars for the full stealth wrap and it's just for appearances? That is not my understanding and not my goal. I have noticed on my cars that much of the road damage shows up on the sides of the car and so do dings from other cars opening doors into them. I think self-healing coatings are a smart way to restore a clean look.

· Registered
19 Posts
So you're saying people are paying thousands of dollars for the full stealth wrap and it's just for appearances? That is not my understanding and not my goal. I have noticed on my cars that much of the road damage shows up on the sides of the car and so do dings from other cars opening doors into them. I think self-healing coatings are a smart way to restore a clean look.
Cloud Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Water

· Registered
2 Posts
Keep in mind the self healing layer on the film is a thin coat that won't last forever. And i always tell my customers that if someone "key"the film that deep mark is never going away unless you change the film. The self healing is mainly for if you wipe the film with a dry towel and cause minor scratches; with a heat gun on the high setting, the swirls/scratches will magically disappear. Paint protection film(it's not dent protection film) is a thick sacrificial layer that is meant to be damage so your paint won't; think of it as an insurance policy you don't have to pay an annual premium and you can "see & feel" it everyday that is working to protect your car's paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts