Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

How much money would you invest in Rivian stock?

• $0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1 - $1,000

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • $1,000 - $5,000

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • $5,000 - $10,000

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • $10,000 - $25,000

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • $25,000 - $50,000

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • $50,000 - $100,000

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • $100,000+

Votes: 7 16.7%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot has been talked about recently with Rivian and their potential IPO. So I wanted to see how serious people would be in investing in Rivian.

If Rivian reached out to you and offered you a chance to invest in their IPO, how much of your money would you be willing to invest?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's almost an unanswerable question. And random answers are pretty much meaningless. It depends on an individual's financial situation, which will change over time. For a multi-millionaire, $100,000 is no big deal. For a working class individual, $10,000 might be a major investment. My personal rule is, I never put any more money in any single stock than I am willing to lose. That rule is based on my experience, being invested in the stock market for over 40 years, and the amount that I'm willing to lose on an individual stock can and does change over time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That's almost an unanswerable question. And random answers are pretty much meaningless. It depends on an individual's financial situation, which will change over time. For a multi-millionaire, $100,000 is no big deal. For a working class individual, $10,000 might be a major investment. My personal rule is, I never put any more money in any single stock than I am willing to lose. That rule is based on my experience, being invested in the stock market for over 40 years, and the amount that I'm willing to lose on an individual stock can and does change over time.
Very true.
Its better to ask how much are you risking as its all inclusive and gets right down to what's most important. Also a great segway into analysis.
On that note, 2% of my funds allocated for stocks will be going in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts