• No

Votes: 9 13.8%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Font Material property Gas Automotive exterior

For anyone on here that's a pre-order holder and was offered a chance to buy Rivian stock as part of the DSP, did you end up going for it or did you choose not to?

Vote in the poll below and let's see how many people are new Rivian shareholders!

·
Registered
107 Posts
View attachment 3801

For anyone on here that's a pre-order holder and was offered a chance to buy Rivian stock as part of the DSP, did you end up going for it or did you choose not to?

Vote in the poll below and let's see how many people are new Rivian shareholders!
Made a fairly serious investment. Still believe in the design concept, the general size of the vehicle and providing a REAL SUV. Have never owned owned one of those foreign company vehicles, and really want a VERY American company to push back on the foreign companies which have been under-cutting American manufacturing with their ideas about what we should be driving.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I ended up purchasing 100 shares.

I was going to go for 175 when the price range was originally estimated to be $57-64, but when it ended up at $78 I punted and went with 100 shares. I will buy more on the dip if it comes, I do believe in Rivian and will be happy to see them succeed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought full 175 and sold today for $124. Easy $8k. Of course I'm not bragging about the other times I've done things exactly the wrong way in the past :)

I believe in Rivian and will own RIVN again once the usual IPO shenanigans pass. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ended up purchasing 100 shares.

I was going to go for 175 when the price range was originally estimated to be $57-64, but when it ended up at $78 I punted and went with 100 shares. I will buy more on the dip if it comes, I do believe in Rivian and will be happy to see them succeed.
That is the number I went with, so far so good.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Made a fairly serious investment. Still believe in the design concept, the general size of the vehicle and providing a REAL SUV. Have never owned owned one of those foreign company vehicles, and really want a VERY American company to push back on the foreign companies which have been under-cutting American manufacturing with their ideas about what we should be driving.
Don't want to go political, but "American" is a vague term these days, when a Ford Mustang is built in China and a Polestar is built in South Carolina - and the various parts for each come from points all over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the full 175 shares available to me and wish I could have bought more. Stock hit $170+ yesterday, and it will fluctuate greatly I think over the next few months. I may take some profits and purchase again when it dips again. There will be production issues and bad press along the way and the stock will drop again, but as of now it is one of the most successful IPO’s for purchasers and shareholders ever in the first week of trading. Lucid is up 350% this year since it’s IPO over the summer. No reason to believe Rivian may not do similar as the market follows no rules anymore regarding solid financials and logical reasoning. Folks are buying Shiba Inu coins too!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I went all in for the 175. I'm holding for the long haul.
Bought the full 175 shares available to me and wish I could have bought more. Stock hit $170+ yesterday, and it will fluctuate greatly I think over the next few months. I may take some profits and purchase again when it dips again. There will be production issues and bad press along the way and the stock will drop again, but as of now it is one of the most successful IPO’s for purchasers and shareholders ever in the first week of trading. Lucid is up 350% this year since it’s IPO over the summer. No reason to believe Rivian may not do similar as the market follows no rules anymore regarding solid financials and logical reasoning. Folks are buying Shiba Inu coins too!
Welcome to the forum! The long game is definitely the way to go, Rivian is only in the first inning.

Are any of you in other EV stocks as well? It looks like buying moment returned to Tesla.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts