Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 5 11.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've seen a ton of messages about emails landing in the inboxes of R1S reservation holders. Did you get yours?

Let us know your window using the poll, and share when you made your reservation with a comment in this thread.

How are you feeling about your estimated delivery time?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kicked the pre oreder can down the road for about a year and a half...... finally ordered LE July of 2020. My email reads June -July 2022. I had guessed delivery late first quarter or early second quarter of 2022. Oh well........ not going to drop out now. Hoping the extended wait gives production team time to work out any quality issues.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kicked the pre oreder can down the road for about a year and a half...... finally ordered LE July of 2020. My email reads June -July 2022. I had guessed delivery late first quarter or early second quarter of 2022. Oh well........ not going to drop out now. Hoping the extended wait gives production team time to work out any quality issues.
Pre-order THREE YEARS AGO THIS MONTH and we get April-May forecast. Sort of think people in CA are getting earlier delivery due to lack of support facility where our unit will be licensed, in Montana. We have requested a Normal, IL, delivery, but no one ever agrees to talk to us about such. They win because there are no other vehicles available to us in 2022. So total wait will be 3.5 years, more or less. 😢

·
Registered
269 Posts
I’m with you, June ‘20 R1S LE, was guessing May/June, got my email for June/July so if these are accurate it only slid a month for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With my mid Nov 2020 preorder, I got July-September 2022 time frame for my R1S LE delivery in central Florida... or by that time, Rivian will allow pick-up at Normal factory for a full Rivian experience. :love:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did not get an email from Rivian... Pre-order date Sept 14, 2019. Do you need to configure R1S before they contact you? I didn't want to configure before:
1. I saw the interior and exterior colors in person
2. Max pack battery was available.
Hmm.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did not get an email from Rivian... Pre-order date Sept 14, 2019. Do you need to configure R1S before they contact you? I didn't want to configure before:
1. I saw the interior and exterior colors in person
2. Max pack battery was available.
Hmm.
Well, the notification emails did say "based on your current configuration, etc..." so you probably need to configure. Did you get in on the Launch Edition pre orders because those order holders are the only ones getting notices at this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delivery window April-May 2022
Estimated reservation November 2017
Launch Edition R1S / Large Pack / Midnight / Black Mountain / 22 sport bright wheels / wall charger / all-weather mats / field kit

Really want to drive one preferably before committing to trading in my Cayenne GTS which I love. Don't want to trade in the GTS for the approximate $4k sales tax credit in Indiana and end up not liking the R1S during the first week "test drive" during ownership. Either way, very excited.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, the notification emails did say "based on your current configuration, etc..." so you probably need to configure. Did you get in on the Launch Edition pre orders because those order holders are the only ones getting notices at this time.
You're probably right. I didn't do the launch edition for the reasons stated previously:
Want max pack and want to see ext. and int. colors in person. I guess I'll configure for the fun of it. Seems like you can re-configure as many times as you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think for R1S deliveries, its actually better to wait longer. Most of the testing and production has focused on the R1T. Now Rivian seems to be focused on production ramp up and I'm sure the Amazon Van is also taking significant resources. Which leads me to be concerned about the quality of the R1S. Not so much the battery/motors but other issues. Maybe its a simpler vehicle since it has no gear tunnel or powered tonneau, but still would rather wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've seen a ton of messages about emails landing in the inboxes of R1S reservation holders. Did you get yours?

Let us know your window using the poll, and share when you made your reservation with a comment in this thread.

How are you feeling about your estimated delivery time?

View attachment 3909
I have not gotten an email - anyone else have a reservation and did not get any emails from Rivian since the message about their IPO?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts