Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

What vehicle will you be getting instead of your cancelled Rivian?

• Ford F-150 Lightning

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Chevrolet Silverado EV

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Tesla Cybertruck

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Ram 1500 EV

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • GMC Hummer EV Truck

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • GMC Hummer EV SUV

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Audi e-tron

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Tesla Model X

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Other EV

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Other ICE

Votes: 16 25.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

What other vehicle will you be getting after cancelling your Rivian order?

Don't forget to vote here as well:

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
191 Posts
Plan to go with the Silverado now, but also interested in what Ram has. Will put a deposit on that too, because we now see what can happen...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sticking with Rivian R1S unless Chevrolet builds a Tahoe EV before Rivian contacts me to finalize.

There is not an EV out there that is a suitable replacement for my Jeep GC and I would just keep that if I do not get the R1S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For everyone that is upset about the price increase what is an option that is not the same price or even more?

a Lightening or Hummer can go up upwards of $100,000 fully equipped with less than 4 motors. 2 for the Lightening, 3 for the Hummer.

I understand the outrage, but a Rivian is still less than the competition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easy decision. No loyalty to early pre-order holders; tanking stock price; and a flood of cancellations. What good is a warranty if they go out of business? Good luck getting parts as well. Feel like I was stabbed in the back 2 months before delivery. Almost 3 years of waiting and now they piss in my face and tell me it’s raining?

Ford Lightening is the safe bet and a full size truck for less. What a huge mistake and bad timing on RIVIAN’s part. Maybe they will backtrack with Launch Edition pre-order holders after the floodgate of cancellations.
Water resources Nature Asphalt Font Natural landscape

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can now configure a 2-motor Rivian with approximately similar specs to a Lariat with the Lightning Lariat still being cheaper and having similar range. If ford runs out of tax credits then the two post-rebate price numbers are closer. The relative value proposition on the Rivian used to be much better before the price hike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.