Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Will you abuse your truck or keep it clean?

• Keep it nice and clean

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Let it be dirty

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's usually two kinds of truck owners when it comes to cleanliness. Those that meticulously keep their trucks clean and those that don't care if it gets mud or dirt on it.

Which category do you consider yourself to be in? For me I'm definitely in the keep it clean category.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I plan to keep my R1T very clean with a bunch of methods I learned from professional automotive detailers. At the very core of that will be the two-bucket method with multiple wash mitts for every wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make no mistake about it. I plan to get it dirty. After all its an electric adventure vehicle, right. However, after the fun, a good wash will be in order. That way it looks good on its next adventure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bp1601- Agree. It will definitely get dirty, dusty and sometimes muddy on our AZ trails, but I don't plan to leave it dirty/dusty/muddy. Washing a vehicle shows pride of ownership.
I am most curious about how the interior will clean up. Rivian says interior is "wash and wear".

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm not going to be afraid to get it dirty (which is what I voted), but I'm going to wash it too when needed.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emme in another podcast talking about the R1T

Also, Rivian will release the video from the Rebelle in the Laguna Beach film festival Nov12-15
I look forward to watching that. There should be some great behind the scenes stuff with the truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dirty indeed, with some good washing though. Be happy to see the offroad package. I’ve never done ceramic coatings before or anything like clear Paint protection film wraps due to the costs vs. The type of vehicle but for this application I think I’ll be trying one or both of them out.. Especially for the heavily forested areas of Canada. Beyond that I’m curious ti know what their paint strength/undercoatings are like. With all the road salt nowadays in cool months I wonder if I’ll get good protection from the factory or need to put more layers and coatings on to keep the rust at bay over the years. Esp with the underbody armour in upgrade package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts