Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming from 9 years of Tesla ownership, and have had a pre-order in for an R1T for about 6 months, unfortunately right after the price hike. I am coming from a Performance 3 and a P100D. Yesterday I finally got to do the test drive, and I am beyond impressed. In addition to my Tesla, I currently have a leased Tacoma that I use for hauling things, etc, and I have no doubt that the R1T is the best of all worlds for me, and I am no longer interested in the Cybertruck.

I wanted to get people's advice about timing. For me, the tonneau cover is really important, I really want to be able to put things in the bed and have them covered when on the road or taking trips. I currently see people listing/flipping what I assume are pre-price him R1Ts for at or less than what I will pay when I put my order in. A functional bed cover is really important to me for my use case, from what others are hearing, is it best to sit tight and see how it pans out, or is Rivian reported to include the generation 1 tonneau cover owners in the future fix?

Thanks for any insight.

· Registered
4 Posts
The manual tonneau cover has 3-4 pieces that slide in and out of the bed tracks....and is the only option available at the moment from Rivian. Most trucks on the secondary market have the powered tonneau that has is't issues. I presume there's a fix in the works for these and once that fix is completely, Rivian will wrap the updated versions into new trucks. my delivery window is H2 2023, and I'm hoping for the revised power cover. if it's not available, I guess the manual version it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts