Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
On another forum I saw a post confirming guides have begun reaching out. Starting this thread so anyone who gets contact and doesn't mind sharing can post when they were contacted, where they are located, and provide updates to their config and delivery timing. This information will be very valuable to everyone trying to determine when their delivery windows will arrive. For those of you getting contacted, anyone willing to share will get a lot of love from the community!

I'm a relatively late LE pre-order so I'm not expecting to be contacted for quite some time yet but I'll post my details as soon as I am.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far I've seen confirmations that 3 reservation holders, all in Washington State, have been contacted. All had Rivian blue exterior color and Black interior color selected. It appears those order numbers range from the low triple digits up through about the 6500 range, indicating that at least some reservation holders are likely getting skipped over as Rivian attempts to batch-deliver similar builds/locales.

Phone calls are getting scheduled with guides as early as June 1st.

·
Registered
720 Posts
On another forum I saw a post confirming guides have begun reaching out. Starting this thread so anyone who gets contact and doesn't mind sharing can post when they were contacted, where they are located, and provide updates to their config and delivery timing. This information will be very valuable to everyone trying to determine when their delivery windows will arrive. For those of you getting contacted, anyone willing to share will get a lot of love from the community!

I'm a relatively late LE pre-order so I'm not expecting to be contacted for quite some time yet but I'll post my details as soon as I am.
This isn't my email. But this is what we can expect from Rivian when they reach out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good and glad they are finally getting started. How do you know about the 3 reservation holders? Any other insights on locations, color combos, etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far I've seen confirmations that 3 reservation holders, all in Washington State, have been contacted. All had Rivian blue exterior color and Black interior color selected. It appears those order numbers range from the low triple digits up through about the 6500 range, indicating that at least some reservation holders are likely getting skipped over as Rivian attempts to batch-deliver similar builds/locales.

Phone calls are getting scheduled with guides as early as June 1st.
How can we find out our order number? I saw some other post a while back about how to do it but the tips came out looking like http(?) kind of computer instructions (unless that is what was needed). Thank you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think we will learn more this week as calls happen and more reservations are contacted. So far it appears they are bulk batching by interior/exterior color and they are starting with black interiors and mostly blue exterior, with one report of an El Cap Granite being contacted.

They are targeting Seattle, LA and NYC in the initial round, maybe some other places.

Not much more info out there until an actual call happens, so probably Tuesday at the earliest.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can we find out our order number? I saw some other post a while back about how to do it but the tips came out looking like http(?) kind of computer instructions (unless that is what was needed). Thank you.
Only very early reservations know this. At a stage Rivian changed the system so order numbers were obfuscated. I don't know mine, but I know some people up into the high 7ks could find theirs before it changed. Ultimately it's only a part of the equation and clearly many of those orders have since cancelled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been under the assumption that you can find your order number embedded within the URL from the Configurator Summary webpage.

If you log in, and open the configuration summary page, the URL should look like this - /account/vehicle/order/6483/config

I read somewhere that the number after "order/", minus 1000, is your order number . . . mine should be 5483, which matches up with all the info I have seen for a Feb 2019 order date.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As has been said hundreds of times on this forum, that changed in early/mid-2020 and they changed it to a longer randomized number so you could no longer determine your order number. The above method only works for very early reservation holders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been under the assumption that you can find your order number embedded within the URL from the Configurator Summary webpage.

If you log in, and open the configuration summary page, the URL should look like this - /account/vehicle/order/6483/config

I read somewhere that the number after "order/", minus 1000, is your order number . . . mine should be 5483, which matches up with all the info I have seen for a Feb 2019 order date.

Guess I'm behind 273 million people then...

·
Registered
575 Posts
It used to be the case but Rivian caught on I guess and scrapped it. This was the thread:

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 2147
I don’t think these are the Guide intros. The Guide program started in March 2021, and I received my letter (that looked like this) in October 2020.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The boys over at Rivian Stories on TY spoke with this person who was contacted by a guide...

So another delay from the day they posted one month and the next day Rivian Guide reaching out and giving earliest date of late October, my guess October 31st, this is 5 month delay, sold as one month delay, please be honest. This is not good, in last 3 months my trust level on Rivian has been shattered. I would rather have them being honest then using these gimmicks to keep people on board and not drifting to Ford or Tesla camp.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts