Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Austin. Took delivery about 6 weeks ago. Have had a few minor glitches, but overall I love the truck. Has anyone attempted to fix the power bed cover themselves? Mine is jammed and it sounds like there is something possibly stuck in the track…. Unfortunately there is not a service center in Austin yet and I don’t want to send the truck all the way to Houston again. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Congrats @SamCoco and welcome to the forum. Sucks about your issue... I haven't heard about this before.

Probably best to take it to Houston or bug the Rivian folks to make a special trip out to you. You're an early owner and I figure they'd want to keep you extra happy.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hello from Austin. Took delivery about 6 weeks ago. Have had a few minor glitches, but overall I love the truck. Has anyone attempted to fix the power bed cover themselves? Mine is jammed and it sounds like there is something possibly stuck in the track…. Unfortunately there is not a service center in Austin yet and I don’t want to send the truck all the way to Houston again. Thanks for any advice.
Hey @SamCoco, like what @St00k you might have some luck in getting them to go to you. I believe Rivian mentioned that's something they would offer to people far away from a service center.
Fortunately it seems like them cleaning it and greasing/oiling it would be a solution, or at least it was for some owners here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in San Marcos; I've had Service come to the house twice and they're coming tomorrow for a third time. There's a tech assigned to Austin but they've also sent a tech from Houston on one occasion. The vehicle did have to be hauled to Houston on one occasion for some minor body work that was noted at delivery. I'd open a service ticket and see what they tell you. The Austin SC should be open late this summer from what I understand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, I’ve had a tech out once and once to Houston as well. We are early adopters so it’s to be expected. I’ve got a service ticket open and I did ask for a mobile technician as well. Will keep you posted! Thanks. That service center can’t come fast enough though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone experienced the A/C vents resetting every time the vehicle is turned off? I set my fans right at my face and every time I get back in the vehicle they aren’t pointing where I set them…

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anyone experienced the A/C vents resetting every time the vehicle is turned off? I set my fans right at my face and every time I get back in the vehicle they aren’t pointing where I set them…
Yep. The other thing I noticed is that the center driver vent often closes for no reason. And I've also experienced the left vent being open but no air coming out despite it showing to be on. The AC system seems like it's either on full or not at all when it's in Auto mode...and it also seems to immediately spin up a VERY loud external radiator fan that's almost unbearable inside! I'm not sure if that's a change made in the most recent software update (with the garage door opener) or if it's just so hot now that the temperature is causing it to come on with the AC; I didn't notice it before the update when using the AC though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My tonneau jammed the first time I attempted to operate it when it wasn’t clean. I live on a dirt road in southern Utah, and my truck stays clean until I drive it…anywhere. Rivian advised me that the tonneau on launch editions is a known problem and they are in the process of a redesign, at which time we will all be contacted to have the stock tonneau cover replaced. In the mean time, they came out and picked mine up, left me a loaner R1T (which ALSO had a jammed tonneau cover!), and took mine to Salt Lake City to temporarily repair the tonneau. I got mine back a week later, and the tonneau jammed again immediately. Additionally, they apparently unplugged one of the bed lights when they “repaired” my tonneau. Now it’s jammed and only half-lit. Anyway, a word to new Launch Edition owners: under no circumstances should you attempt to use the powered tonneau if the vehicle isn’t spotless clean! I still love the truck but how quickly Rivian resolves this issue will be very telling. As others have stated, customer service has been over the top great, but what I really need is a working tonneau cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah that’s a bummer to hear as I just took delivery and I asked about it. Like what if anything gets in this rail wouldn’t it jam the cover? They should have had some sort of brissle covering to prevent stuff from falling in there. Hopefully get resolved!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts