Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

I am happy to share that I recently got the R1T again and made some more PPFs based on feedback. So, now I have a much more complete set of pre-cut DIY PPF kits for the R1T and R1S. Here they are:

Full Bumper

Door Entry

Headlights

Tail lights

Tailgate

Hood

Rockers

Truck Bed Side

Door Handles

Tunnel Door

Next on my PPF todo is to add full hood PPF, full doors PPF, the pillar above the windshield and the part above the doors, that might be hit when loading/unloading roof rack gear.

You can use code HOLDMYBEER for 10% off 👍 Happy 4th of July!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey folks

I am happy to share that I recently got the R1T again and made some more PPFs based on feedback. So, now I have a much more complete set of pre-cut DIY PPF kits for the R1T and R1S. Here they are:

Full Bumper

Door Entry

Headlights

Tail lights

Tailgate

Hood

Rockers

Truck Bed Side

Door Handles

Tunnel Door

Next on my PPF todo is to add full hood PPF, full doors PPF, the pillar above the windshield and the part above the doors, that might be hit when loading/unloading roof rack gear.

You can use code HOLDMYBEER for 10% off 👍 Happy 4th of July!

Do the pre-cut fully wrap around the edges?

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm very tempted to get the front lights package as a cracked headlight would suck. Would like to do the front bumper pieces too, but starts to add up. Has anyone else here done this?
Just my 5 cents - PPF won't protect much against cracking (from say a heavy rock)...it protects from scratches, chips, scuffs etc...but if something heavy hits you the headlights will crack just the same 😬

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@twraps so I just ordered the door entry PPF...fingers crossed it's not too hard to install and won't have much dirt build up around the edges. I did PPF on my center console Tesla MY and hated doing it, but I hope this is easier
This one is an easy install. Of course, as with any of my products, if you have issues just let me know, I am always available and happy to help :)

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is super cool! don’t the tunnel doors already come with some form of ppf installed?
They do :) And I've written it down in the description of my PPF that by default they come with PPF, but sometimes after a service center visit, it gets removed, so I offer a replacement + I offer it in 10mil too which is way thicker than what the service center installs...so in 99% of cases you don't need this, but still I have a few people who had something happen to their PPF on the tunnel door and were happy to be able to get a replacement, as the service centers don't sell it :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a great vendor folks. If you are a DIY type, and want to give PPF a try, I highly recommend Twraps. The owner is very responsive to installation questions. I went with the front kits for my R1T - headlights,lightbar, foglights, sidelights, and bumper. Installation takes time and patience, but the results are fantastic. I managed to screw up on a few pieces (missed a few tiny bubbles), but not only was removal easy, but they sent me replacement pieces at no cost!

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you make wrap for 21 sport bright to turn it black? i didnt get a choice on the sport bright to get truck sooner.
I would love to, if I get access to them one day... for now I have the 20" All Terrain and I am releasing the 21" Road wheels wrap today or tomorrow, so next time I get an R1T (I rent them on Turo as I don't own one for now), if it has different wheels - I will surely do them!

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is a great vendor folks. If you are a DIY type, and want to give PPF a try, I highly recommend Twraps. The owner is very responsive to installation questions. I went with the front kits for my R1T - headlights,lightbar, foglights, sidelights, and bumper. Installation takes time and patience, but the results are fantastic. I managed to screw up on a few pieces (missed a few tiny bubbles), but not only was removal easy, but they sent me replacement pieces at no cost!
Thank you!!! 🙏 Always happy to help!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts