Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

After $ hike are you still going to place a new order for an R1s or R1t?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wish I would have put my deposit down. Now I can't see doing it after the $ hike. You guys are lucky! Although there is a lot of founders issues that are going to be fixed over the next couple of years. So anybody else in my position? This is not a fun time for us.

thanks mike

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
34 Posts
I really wish I would have put my deposit down. Now I can't see doing it after the $ hike. You guys are lucky! Although there is a lot of founders issues that are going to be fixed over the next couple of years. So anybody else in my position? This is not a fun time for us.

thanks mike
A deposit today is 100% refundable and it's not as if you can't also place a pre-order for an EVlanche or Lightning or even the Clustertruck. I think 2021-2022 has become the worse period for buying a new EV or any used car. I am fine with waiting into 2023 and seeing the market calm down.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
273 Posts
So what other electric SUV can you get with 7 seats and 300 miles of range? The question isn't about whether want to pay that much for the Rivian, it is whether you want to pay that much for a vehicle.

The Model X similar configuration is about 110k. The Audi gets in the low 200miles of range and only have seating for 5. The Ford is seating for 5,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks mike
So for the SUV, Looking at about 10k more than before even going with the 2 motor option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vinfast has a 7 seater coming soon.
Yeah I’ll have to check them out thanks for that suggestion to be honest I have a Lexus 2014 hybrid it’s still going strong with 100,000 miles on it small SUV 450 H but I was just so enchanted with radiance cool styling interior exterior everything about the SUV just love it but don’t really need a seven seater when it’s just me and my wife but I’d be great for road trips and the ability to sleep in the back with the full skylight just an amazing vehicle it looks like but having to take out all those nice features just to keep the price reasonable was what I was struggling with and I’m just mad at myself for not pulling the trigger with a deposit because it’s looking like a really good deal now for the rest of you guys kiss all electric vehicles are really pricey these days cancel the Mokey GT performance edition that I was going to get for my wife at 70 K she just didn’t really want that much of a muscle car and she has a new Honda that her parents aren’t even using 2022 so she’s just driving that CRV so that freed up some cash to investigate Riviera and I was just shocked that I missed the boat as fuck before and now when I check the website I’m just like cringing at the high prices but oh well I guess I’ll just wait and see how this whole thing shakes out and how much all of you guys are enjoying your vehicles once you get them in the near future

1 - 11 of 11 Posts