Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to openly thank Rivian for restoring the prices for my preorder back to the as promised pricing of pre March 1. I think that even though this will cost them unrealized profits in concept they have restored my faith in their corporate integrity. The fact is if they did not restore the price I would not be purchasing from them as integrity is the only thing in this world that can never be taken from you. You either live by it or give it away for a short-term gain. I have purchased, on average, a new car every 1.5 years (Every 3 years for both wife and myself) I consider the actions in the face of a problem very relevant for a car manufacturer as my life and a lot of money is at stake. I try and be a loyal customer. I have had 9 BMW's, 7 Audi's, 3 MB's, 5 Lexus's, 3 Range Rovers, 2 Jeeps in the last 28 years alone. I look forward to probably buying 10+ Rivians in the future.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I want to openly thank Rivian for restoring the prices for my preorder back to the as promised pricing of pre March 1. I think that even though this will cost them unrealized profits in concept they have restored my faith in their corporate integrity. The fact is if they did not restore the price I would not be purchasing from them as integrity is the only thing in this world that can never be taken from you. You either live by it or give it away for a short-term gain. I have purchased, on average, a new car every 1.5 years (Every 3 years for both wife and myself) I consider the actions in the face of a problem very relevant for a car manufacturer as my life and a lot of money is at stake. I try and be a loyal customer. I have had 9 BMW's, 7 Audi's, 3 MB's, 5 Lexus's, 3 Range Rovers, 2 Jeeps in the last 28 years alone. I look forward to probably buying 10+ Rivians in the future.
After finding out the price increase did you start thinking about other options? Like the F-150 Lightning or some other electric (or ICE) vehicle?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After finding out the price increase did you start thinking about other options? Like the F-150 Lightning or some other electric (or ICE) vehicle?
In fact yes, I placed an order for a Tesla Y long range on March 3. Telsa has already the price on the Model Y $4,000 since I ordered. I want to Rivian but with production delays I may buy the Tesla when it comes in December to hold me over until my Rivan gets delivered sometime ( I hope) in 2023 assuming they get production problems solved by then.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
In fact yes, I placed an order for a Tesla Y long range on March 3. Telsa has already the price on the Model Y $4,000 since I ordered. I want to Rivian but with production delays I may buy the Tesla when it comes in December to hold me over until my Rivan gets delivered sometime ( I hope) in 2023 assuming they get production problems solved by then.
Not a bad choice. I hear Tesla has been improving build quality but it might not still be up to par with what Rivian puts out. Have you checked out any current model year Tesla vehicles recently?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts