Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Questions that I posed to Rivian Support today (4-1-2021):

1. Will the R1T come with privacy glass (rear doors, rear window), much like how US domestic SUV’s are currently factory tinted in those glass locations today (usually 15%)
2. What are the R1T interior dimensions for driver headroom, legroom, hip room, shoulder room?

Answer from Rivian Support today (4-1-2021):

I want to start by thanking you for joining the Rivian community! Your support as we gear up for launch is greatly appreciated and we can’t wait for you to experience all the R1T has to offer! Both R1 vehicles will come standard with our all-glass panoramic roof. The panoramic glass roof is tinted and allows less than 2% of total light to pass through, blocks 99.96% of UV rays, and has an SPF equivalent to SPF 96,173! As we approach launch, we will be sharing more details of the glass on the windows.
Regarding your questions for the interior R1T dimensions; I have the driver headroom of 41.14 inches, legroom is 41.42 inches, the hip room is 54.88 inches, and shoulder room is 60.59 inches!

BTW, this is NOT an April Fools joke and I hope it helps anyone who was also curious. -David

·
Registered
817 Posts
We've known the head/leg/hip room for quite a while, already. They're useless measurements, imo. None of them tell us what the R1T would actually be like to sit in. The manufacturers have too much flexibility in how those measurements are made, as well, so you can't even compare them directly from model to model or manufacturer to manufacturer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've known the head/leg/hip room for quite a while, already. They're useless measurements, imo. None of them tell us what the R1T would actually be like to sit in. The manufacturers have too much flexibility in how those measurements are made, as well, so you can't even compare them directly from model to model or manufacturer to manufacturer.
My apologies for posting known data. Before posting, I did perform a search on this forum for "legroom" and "hip room" and came up empty for any interior dimensions stating such. So, I thought it might be useful info for those that might not have that info. Regarding dimensions, I agree... one doesn't know for sure until actually seated. But, as a ballpark, It can perhaps provide some general idea as what to expect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the post DG-R1T. As someone who is tall, legroom is an important stat for me and I hadn't seen it yet. I know that numbers aren't apples to apples, but since I can't sit in one now it gives me something to add to the list of things to pay close attention to when given the chance. By their measure it's a smooxtanen shorter than my 2011 Tacoma for legroom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 Questions that I posed to Rivian Support today (4-1-2021):

1. Will the R1T come with privacy glass (rear doors, rear window), much like how US domestic SUV’s are currently factory tinted in those glass locations today (usually 15%)
2. What are the R1T interior dimensions for driver headroom, legroom, hip room, shoulder room?

Answer from Rivian Support today (4-1-2021):

I want to start by thanking you for joining the Rivian community! Your support as we gear up for launch is greatly appreciated and we can’t wait for you to experience all the R1T has to offer! Both R1 vehicles will come standard with our all-glass panoramic roof. The panoramic glass roof is tinted and allows less than 2% of total light to pass through, blocks 99.96% of UV rays, and has an SPF equivalent to SPF 96,173! As we approach launch, we will be sharing more details of the glass on the windows.
Regarding your questions for the interior R1T dimensions; I have the driver headroom of 41.14 inches, legroom is 41.42 inches, the hip room is 54.88 inches, and shoulder room is 60.59 inches!

BTW, this is NOT an April Fools joke and I hope it helps anyone who was also curious. -David
I had actually asked the same question re: the panoramic roof. Being in Texas, with many hours of bright sunshine and extreme heat in the summertime and into fall, I am wondering whether this extremely tinted glass is better than the motorized sunshade that I have under the panoramic roof on my current ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being in AZ, we've had good luck using 3M Crystalline window films. The solar energy rejection really makes a huge difference for me. If the roof still heats my noggin, I will probably have it installed on the roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts