Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted much since taking delivery, but if you ordered LG and added the black 20" AT's, I think you will be very happy. Out of all my design choices, this was the toughest one for me to settle on (along with paint choice). I went back and forth on Limestone, then settled on Launch Green, and I decided to "reallocate" some of the budget money for paint to the upgraded wheels. The black wheels compliment the black trim pieces and accents on the truck really well. Couldn't be happier with this combo, and if you ordered this configuration, I think you will be happy too:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

I parked next to this old Ford P/U and low & behold, if you look closely, it has a gear tunnel... Or gear storage at least! It just didn't go all the way through the truck. Was it a design inspiration? Who knows, but glad R1T has it, and the gear tunnel is such an awesome use of space on the R1T.

Car Sky Wheel Vehicle Tire

I also installed my rod holders from my old truck in the R1T. I was able to angle them in such a way that the tonneau will still close over the holders when not being used.

Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Lastly, instead of posting complaints, I want to give some props to Rivian in general. The R1T is so loaded with features and continues to amaze me everyday. Sure, I have had a couple of very minor issues like a key card that needs to be paired with the truck, but nothing major. Pretty amazing for a new company. Not to mention, made in the US of A. For me, installing solar panels and plugging in the electric truck might be one of the more patriotic things I can do as an American right now. And I will take the tax credit (thank you), the checks from my electric utility, and I will not miss paying for gas at the pump. I love that this thing is made in Normal Ill., supports our economy, protects our environment, and represents a catalyst for change. This truck is living proof of how far we can get with intelligent innovation and thoughtful design. Amazing to think what is possible (without compromise). It’s hard to express how many things this truck will do well. Rivian should be super proud of what they have been able to accomplish. Time will certainly tell, but if one week leads to one month, then to one year, Rivian will have a new customer for life. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Ford Lightening and other EV trucks as they roll-out. Things are happening. Well done Rivian.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't posted much since taking delivery, but if you ordered LG and added the black 20" AT's, I think you will be very happy. Out of all my design choices, this was the toughest one for me to settle on (along with paint choice). I went back and forth on Limestone, then settled on Launch Green, and I decided to "reallocate" some of the budget money for paint to the upgraded wheels. The black wheels compliment the black trim pieces and accents on the truck really well. Couldn't be happier with this combo, and if you ordered this configuration, I think you will be happy too:

View attachment 6318

I parked next to this old Ford P/U and low & behold, if you look closely, it has a gear tunnel... Or gear storage at least! It just didn't go all the way through the truck. Was it a design inspiration? Who knows, but glad R1T has it, and the gear tunnel is such an awesome use of space on the R1T.

View attachment 6316

I also installed my rod holders from my old truck in the R1T. I was able to angle them in such a way that the tonneau will still close over the holders when not being used.

View attachment 6317

Lastly, instead of posting complaints, I want to give some props to Rivian in general. The R1T is so loaded with features and continues to amaze me everyday. Sure, I have had a couple of very minor issues like a key card that needs to be paired with the truck, but nothing major. Pretty amazing for a new company. Not to mention, made in the US of A. For me, installing solar panels and plugging in the electric truck might be one of the more patriotic things I can do as an American right now. And I will take the tax credit (thank you), the checks from my electric utility, and I will not miss paying for gas at the pump. I love that this thing is made in Normal Ill., supports our economy, protects our environment, and represents a catalyst for change. This truck is living proof of how far we can get with intelligent innovation and thoughtful design. Amazing to think what is possible (without compromise). It’s hard to express how many things this truck will do well. Rivian should be super proud of what they have been able to accomplish. Time will certainly tell, but if one week leads to one month, then to one year, Rivian will have a new customer for life. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Ford Lightening and other EV trucks as they roll-out. Things are happening. Well done Rivian.
1st - Love the look of those black rims with that color! Well done!
2nd - I'm gonna need some of those rod holders!!!! When do you start taking orders? LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts