Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm Christina and I'm a newly dedicated acolyte/reservation holder for an R1s

So, my husband took delivery of a BMW i4 which sparked my interest in getting a three row electric or PHEV.

Imagine my surprise when the only options out there under 100k (I thought) were minvans, the forthcoming Mazda CX-90, Teslas, or the Mercedes EQB.

So I was resigning myself to the EQB or the Mazda PHEV.

Then my husband mentioned that his boss took delivery of a Rivian R1T the other day and they got to talking and his boss mentioned the R1S.

So I did a deep dive, looked everything over, and after about three days, put down a reservation just before the new year.

I know there's a huge chance that I won't see this vehicle till 2024-25 (assuming Rivian ramps up their production to anywhere near what they are trying to and doesn't go bust). At the same time, just more time to put back for down payment, check out the CX-90 , etc.

And you wanna know the one TRIVIAL, stupid thing that pretty much cinched the R1S for me? The dedicated spot for the bag between the driver and passenger. I HATE putting my purse in the floor board, or behind my seat. I know it was likely geared towards guys with lunch boxes or rut sacks from hiking, but I'm eyeballing it like it's the most genius thing ever.

Hope to get to continue my deep dive here on the forums.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm Christina and I'm a newly dedicated acolyte/reservation holder for an R1s So, my husband took delivery of a BMW i4 which sparked my interest in getting a three row electric or PHEV. Imagine my surprise when the only options out there under 100k (I thought) were minvans, the forthcoming Mazda CX-90, Teslas, or the Mercedes EQB. So I was resigning myself to the EQB or the Mazda PHEV. Then my husband mentioned that his boss took delivery of a Rivian R1T the other day and they got to talking and his boss mentioned the R1S. So I did a deep dive, looked everything over, and after about three days, put down a reservation just before the new year. I know there's a huge chance that I won't see this vehicle till 2024-25 (assuming Rivian ramps up their production to anywhere near what they are trying to and doesn't go bust). At the same time, just more time to put back for down payment, check out the CX-90 , etc. And you wanna know the one TRIVIAL, stupid thing that pretty much cinched the R1S for me? The dedicated spot for the bag between the driver and passenger. I HATE putting my purse in the floor board, or behind my seat. I know it was likely geared towards guys with lunch boxes or rut sacks from hiking, but I'm eyeballing it like it's the most genius thing ever. Hope to get to continue my deep dive here on the forums.
There are plenty of used Rivian with under 1000 miles and under $100K-saw one today at CarMax - nice truck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts