Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if they were authorized to disclose this information? Or if the soon-to-be-guide may become a almost-was-a-guide?
Who knows. Very soon we'll find out how much truth there is to this. I think the info dump here is quite valuable and helps to draw correlations. See anything interesting in this version of the notes?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Who knows. Very soon we'll find out how much truth there is to this. I think the info dump here is quite valuable and helps to draw correlations. See anything interesting in this version of the notes?
I like the confirmation that test drives will occur prior to experience centers opening, and that preorder holders will be prioritized.

I find it odd that some of the answers are very noncommittal. For example, they don't know how the gear tunnel will open? "maybe buttons"? Really??? Rivian has demo'd this in recent videos, so I find it shocking that a "guide" wouldn't know how it will work.

And then they say that there are no lights in the gear tunnel? All the photos I've seen show LED illumination in the tunnel. It would be crazy, imo, not to include that. The tunnel is wide and low, so without lighting it'll be hard to get your stuff in the dark. I seriously doubt the accuracy of this claim -- which calls into question the validity of the entire document, imo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice to get some feedback! Didn't early prototypes have bed lighting under the rail area? Is this still a thing? Maybe I missed it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was curious about the 2nd row split (60/40 vs 40/20/40), so I asked CS today. Her answer is pretty definitive that it is 60/40.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Rivian guides video isn't that old.. no way they changed the seating configuration in that time, right? I'm going to trust my eyes on this one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was curious about the 2nd row split (60/40 vs 40/20/40), so I asked CS today. Her answer is pretty definitive that it is 60/40.
I think the response would have been more accurate as

It is 60/40 for sure??

I am sure the documentation on the web site still says 60/40 but clearly in the demonstration above from the guides video it is not.

I am going to ask as well in an email and see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
And if you’re going to have a fold down center armrest, put a friggin cup holder or two in it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts