Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I've been binge reading this forum and online reviews and binge watching every YouTube video I can find. I have a number of concerns and questions about Rivian and the R1T that are specific to Canada (market, climate, distances).

I'm concerned about the feasibility, at least in the short term, of mobile repair service in Canada, especially when living or driving the Rivian outside major Canadian cities? Has Rivian committed to offering their mobile service on reasonable timelines anywhere owners take their vehicles? For example, I live in Cambridge but am camping outside Kapuskasing and need a repair, how many days should I expect it to take for Rivian's mobile repair to arrive?

I'm concerned about the feasibility of getting minor repairs such as; tires, brakes, wipers, light bulbs, power windows, taken care of when on a road trip or dependent upon the Rivian for daily driving to and from work.

The Rivian is far superior to the F150 Lightning in my opinion, however, having access to every Ford dealership in Canada, should I need any repairs, is very attractive for someone who would be using their R1T for a daily driver and for extended road trips.

For those of us that won't be able to park an R1T in a garage in the winter, I'm concerned about both the charge port door and door handles becoming coated with ice or snow causing issues with their functionality. Do current Tesla owners have a reasonable solution?

I appreciate any opinions.

Ted
Cambridge, Ontario

·
Registered
Red/Black R1T Adventure, max pack, off-road, 22 Sports.
71 Posts
Hello everyone,

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I've been binge reading this forum and online reviews and binge watching every YouTube video I can find. I have a number of concerns and questions about Rivian and the R1T that are specific to Canada (market, climate, distances).

I'm concerned about the feasibility, at least in the short term, of mobile repair service in Canada, especially when living or driving the Rivian outside major Canadian cities? Has Rivian committed to offering their mobile service on reasonable timelines anywhere owners take their vehicles? For example, I live in Cambridge but am camping outside Kapuskasing and need a repair, how many days should I expect it to take for Rivian's mobile repair to arrive?

I'm concerned about the feasibility of getting minor repairs such as; tires, brakes, wipers, light bulbs, power windows, taken care of when on a road trip or dependent upon the Rivian for daily driving to and from work.

The Rivian is far superior to the F150 Lightning in my opinion, however, having access to every Ford dealership in Canada, should I need any repairs, is very attractive for someone who would be using their R1T for a daily driver and for extended road trips.

For those of us that won't be able to park an R1T in a garage in the winter, I'm concerned about both the charge port door and door handles becoming coated with ice or snow causing issues with their functionality. Do current Tesla owners have a reasonable solution?

I appreciate any opinions.

Ted
Cambridge, Ontario
As a Tesla owner, I'm not concerned with leaving the Rivian outside. The issue over freezing over is very rare, usually the handles still extend even if it's a bit frozen. As long as you pre-condition it shouldn't be a problem. The most I've ever had to do is pour some warm (but not hot) water over the affected area (never do this on the glass).

Having owned a Ford in the past, I'm even less concerned since the dealership was incompetent to the point they forgot to tighten the lug nuts on a brand new Explorer such that I stopped immediately but the mechanic had driven to the front of the shop before handing me the keys. I would look to see what Rivian is going to offer in terms of roadside care, whether they'll follow Tesla's Mobile Repairs or not. I would expect the vehicle to be sufficiently reliable since Rivian seems to have gone through some really extensive testing and by all accounts it looks like it can handle the rough stuff quite well.

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a Tesla owner, I'm not concerned with leaving the Rivian outside. The issue over freezing over is very rare, usually the handles still extend even if it's a bit frozen. As long as you pre-condition it shouldn't be a problem. The most I've ever had to do is pour some warm (but not hot) water over the affected area (never do this on the glass).
Thanks very much for the feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.