Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have been watching rivian and the r1t since they were first announced and pulling that trigger is hard as soon as I see a pricetag. That being said I have a question for anyone willing to answer. I live in Minnesota so #1 is: what is the rough charging price? Either at a charging station or home. (I'd be charging at home normally)
#2: how have people been paying for this truck? Cash, financing, rough down payment? Like I said that price tag is rough with 10% or even 20% and online estimate is guesswork at best so hearing an actual number would be nice.
I test drove an r1t a few months ago and it was amazing, reinforcing my desire for one from the beginning. I'm still in a "get as much info as I can" stage so anyone willing to answer, I greatly appreciate it.

· Registered
23 Posts
Hello, i have been watching rivian and the r1t since they were first announced and pulling that trigger is hard as soon as I see a pricetag. That being said I have a question for anyone willing to answer. I live in Minnesota so #1 is: what is the rough charging price? Either at a charging station or home. (I'd be charging at home normally)
#2: how have people been paying for this truck? Cash, financing, rough down payment? Like I said that price tag is rough with 10% or even 20% and online estimate is guesswork at best so hearing an actual number would be nice.
I test drove an r1t a few months ago and it was amazing, reinforcing my desire for one from the beginning. I'm still in a "get as much info as I can" stage so anyone willing to answer, I greatly appreciate it.

I charged (My recently sold Tesla Model S) 99% of the time at home. My 50 amp line is on a dedicated meter and I charge at non-peak times for about 50% cheaper electric rates. I only drive my car 6000 miles per year and average about $39 per month on that electric meter. I averaged 325 kWh per month over the past 13 months.

I will do the same with my Rivian which arrives next week.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
82 Posts
I financed through the company at 5.39% for 72 months. Down payment was $21K. I dumped most of my MOREVtrucks $7500 rebate check from MA into the principal. My accountant advises that I can write off the charger and installation cost next April. The loan is administered by Chase Bank and showed up unexpectedly as a new section on my online credit card account (paper billing is also available). I charge mostly at home and my electric bill went up but that’s normal in the fall as my solar array production falls off and I also installed a heat pump to replace an AC split in the master bedroom so I have been heating with that for the first time- that prevents me from realistically comparing my bill from last year. I charged from about 36% to 70% yesterday and added 52.1kWh in 5:09 using the 48 amp Rivian charger I purchased with the vehicle. I typically charge every three days - if I can when the panels are in full sun. My solar rep advised it doesn’t matter as I have net metering and Eversource does not offer lower rates at night. My generation service charge is .16999/kWh but added to that are delivery services of .1727/kWh for a total of .3427/ kWh which makes yesterdays charge worth $17.85 for approximately 120 miles of range ($.15/mile). I haven’t used a charge point for any significant amount of time so I can’t comment on that cost. My town has two free class 2 chargers that I use when I’m in the vicinity (They have a small fleet of Leafs). They were installed with a federal grant, you might look to see if your town can take advantage of that or has already. Ours are in both commercial districts and handy for shopping trips if you don’t mind walking a bit more.

· Registered
17 Posts
Can't speak to the financing questions, but for charging I pay appropriately 0.15/kwh with my Rivian home charger. On trips I've used Charge Point, Electrify America, and Shell Recharge. The fast DC chargers are about 0.30/kwh. To put that into actual dollar amounts: I took a ~330 mile trip, left on a full charge, had to charge once on the way, once at my destination, and twice on the way home. Total cost was $110 at the fast chargers. Compare that same trip in my ICE truck, it was three stops for gas at more than $80/stop. So the Rivian is cheaper by about 50% (more when you factor in the home charge vs filing up at a local gas station). The trips also take longer because of the charging time. I still love it, and totally recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts