Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m sure I’m not alone here but I have a few questions let’s see what you guys think.
1 will the tailgate still fold all the way down?
2 how much for the trailer hitch and crossbar disconnects?
( 5k for camp kitchen really?????)
3 removable glass top mid 2022?really why tease me like that lol!
4 are they still going to have electric back up “gas can” add on? Love that concept. 10k for 100 miles seems steep.
5 got my LE I’m not waiting another year 1.5 was long enough lol? Who’s with me here?
6 anyone from Cincinnati, want to gather after launch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can answer question 1. No the 180° tailgate has been tabled. It is still powered. The controls for the tailgate and powered tonneau are still on the bed rail but now exclusively on the drivers side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’m in cleveland. Any other Ohioans? Bummer about Joe Burrow today - hate to see that.
Yes, the tailgate is ‘it going to flip 180. Same for the r1s. With the s, the too half is powered, the bottom Half is manual.
No clue on the hitch questions. I asked if there’s any sort of trailering package, wiring harness and/or trailering assist. Still waiting for answers.
Equally bummed about the removable too, but got the LE and not waiting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I’m sure I’m not alone here but I have a few questions let’s see what you guys think.
4 are they still going to have electric back up “gas can” add on? Love that concept. 10k for 100 miles seems steep.
5 got my LE I’m not waiting another year 1.5 was long enough lol? Who’s with me here?
Trailer hitch is included 2" class V receiver rated for over 1400 tongue weight(R1T). 7 pin connector. R1S 800+ tongue weight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m in MN. Saw 1 other order from MN and 1 from WI (in the pre-order survey in these forums). Depending which of our cities gets delivery 1st, I’d be up for a launch gather. You guys have some good breweries down there, we have great lakes to hang out at and WI has plenty of out door activities we could coordinate around. Although, it will probably be Chicago that gets delivered 1st in the mid-west. We will all have to make a trip down there to pick up our LEs (i.e. they would get the 1st retail location ). As long as they have the service trucks in my area, I’d be good with that. I have a feeling they would have service up here in order to support the Amazon trucks that will be roaming around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts