Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Non-LE res holder 12-3-2018. Any reference to timeframe has been removed from the main site "Starting Jan 22" was the most recent message but that has now gone.
Yeah, I’m 9/2019 max pack R1T and I haven’t heard a thing. Kind of disappointing as Rivian originally said they were going to make the max pack before any other models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rivian originally said they were going to make the max pack before any other models
No that's not true. That's what you may have ASSUMED because that's what Tesla did. And that's what you may have HOPED for. But Rivian NEVER said they would make the Max Pack available before other configurations. When you made your pre-order in 2019 it wasn't for a Max Pack, it was for a R1T. The ability to select Large or Max battery wasn't even an option until the configurator went live.

When the configurator was made available >1 year ago, it was made clear that the Max Pack was not available on the Launch Edition. You had a choice of either getting the Launch Edition (along with priority delivery) or waiting until the Max Pack was available. @tyemoe you evidently chose to wait for the Max Pack. Rivian has never made a promise about when the Max Pack would be delivered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No that's not true. That's what you may have ASSUMED because that's what Tesla did. And that's what you may have HOPED for. But Rivian NEVER said they would make the Max Pack available before other configurations. When you made your pre-order in 2019 it wasn't for a Max Pack, it was for a R1T. The ability to select Large or Max battery wasn't even an option until the configurator went live.

When the configurator was made available >1 year ago, it was made clear that the Max Pack was not available on the Launch Edition. You had a choice of either getting the Launch Edition (along with priority delivery) or waiting until the Max Pack was available. @tyemoe you evidently chose to wait for the Max Pack. Rivian has never made a promise about when the Max Pack would be delivered.
it is true. Here is their email response from Rivian after the configuration went Live inregards to their change of plans to only offer a 300 mile pack first instead of their max pack:

Thanks for being part of our preorder community! We appreciate you reaching out and for your feedback. I understand the disappointment in the change of plans. We are leading with this battery pack based on its optimal balance of range, performance and price. To deliver the R1T and R1S as quickly as possible, we've simplified our vehicle offerings. You are definitely not alone in your thoughts about things and we are listening. Please reach out if you have any questions!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking safer and safer to assume any Max Battery pre-orders won't be seen until '23! Damn, GMC will be cranking out Hummers in no time and not 5 a week.....at this rate Rivian will be lucky to have the LEs out the door before Cyber Trucks start hitting the streets.....

·
Registered
446 Posts
When you originally put in a Launch Edition deposit for $1K, there was no configurator, and there were no promises made to LE customers around configuration OR delivery... You were paying $1K for the option to buy into whatever might be available with risks that everything could change, that Rivian could fail, or that it could take 10 years to get your truck. The only promise that Rivian made was to REFUND your deposit in full, at any time, with no questions. They later launched a configurator, asked customers to build their vehicles and also made it clear at that point that MAX packs would come later. Did Rivian at one point in time (a long, long time ago) want MAX packs to roll off the line first? Of course they did. But it has been clear that wasn't going to be the case since LE customers could first spec their trucks in the configurator... All a part of the process of building a brand new vehicle company from the ground up.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Actually they did say that the 180kwh battery would be available. In my preorder confirmation email on 12/23/18 it states “Production will begin in 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180kwh and 135kwh packs will be available at launch with the 105kwh to follow in 2021”. I’ve had more than one discussion with RIVIAN about that email and why I could’nt get the Launch edition with the max battery pack. The pandemic changed a lot of things. They just chose to go in a different direction. Just as they have after multiple emails and chats promising me I would meet my RIVIAN guide by November/thanksgiving/end of the month. Now just an email telling me my approximate delivery date. My only dissatisfaction with this whole thing is that there has always been lack of communication and being honest with us preorder holders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually they did say that the 180kwh battery would be available. In my preorder confirmation email on 12/23/18 it states “Production will begin in 2020. Fully-equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180kwh and 135kwh packs will be available at launch with the 105kwh to follow in 2021”. I’ve had more than one discussion with RIVIAN about that email and why I could’nt get the Launch edition with the max battery pack. The pandemic changed a lot of things. They just chose to go in a different direction. Just as they have after multiple emails and chats promising me I would meet my RIVIAN guide by November/thanksgiving/end of the month. Now just an email telling me my approximate delivery date. My only dissatisfaction with this whole thing is that there has always been lack of communication and being honest with us preorder holders.
thank you for posting that. People need to stop posting their opinions about what they think reality is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
thank you for posting that. People need to stop posting their opinions about what they think reality is.
In my view, much of the speculation is because Rivian does not provide sufficient information. Of course, my statement is itself an opinion about what reality is, so should be discounted if not completely disregarded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those interested: I contacted Rivian to ask if a change in color in exterior or interior would result in the delivery date being pushed back. The rep told me changing either interior or exterior colors on the configurater would not adjust my delivery date up until my Guide locks in the order.

I currently am going the El cap granite with the forest green interior but I’m really considering the Launch Green now (but am a little hesitant keeping the green interior for a green on green)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
For those interested: I contacted Rivian to ask if a change in color in exterior or interior would result in the delivery date being pushed back. The rep told me changing either interior or exterior colors on the configurater would not adjust my delivery date up until my Guide locks in the order.

I currently am going the El cap granite with the forest green interior but I’m really considering the Launch Green now (but am a little hesitant keeping the green interior for a green on green)
Hi -- I also have been wavering on the colors, especially exterior. Have you seen this colors discussion blog?
I'm certain I want the black interior, although I feel I'll miss out on the ash wood looking like actual wood...

I spoke with Vinny, a Rivian employee here in Denver, CO, at the local distribution site that is ready to go live in the next month. He said he loved the yellow, the blue, and the granite. Didn't like the white. He has decades of experience in the automotive industry in Normal, and Chicago, IL. He is extremely impressed with the Rivian engineering, and the tech...!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi -- I also have been wavering on the colors, especially exterior. Have you seen this colors discussion blog?
I'm certain I want the black interior, although I feel I'll miss out on the ash wood looking like actual wood...

I spoke with Vinny, a Rivian employee here in Denver, CO, at the local distribution site that is ready to go live in the next month. He said he loved the yellow, the blue, and the granite. Didn't like the white. He has decades of experience in the automotive industry in Normal, and Chicago, IL. He is extremely impressed with the Rivian engineering, and the tech...!
any word from Vinny on demos showing up or where/when the first mile event will be held?

·
Registered
1 Posts

[QUOTE="DGK_DLOW, post: 18276, member: 5082"]
For: Denver Colorado, I got the following. I ordered Launch Edition, July, 2019.

Thank you for your continued support of Rivian. We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of your R1T. Now that vehicle production is ramping up at our factory in Normal, IL, and we’re building out our service and support in your region, we’re able to share an updated delivery window.

[B]Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now March - April 2022.[/B]

Please note that this delivery window is based on your current configuration, delivery location, and preorder date.

Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to think big and innovate. If you have any questions, please [URL='https://click.e.rivian.com/?qs=b1e45e79646d8f6e2e3e2b30f5866477d5010a2534bdbc609a9f278ea32e5baa84cac115b377b99c363e3c71aeae94a2f2ae9278a171a250c834c0e9d12817aa']reach out to us[/URL].

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

— Team Rivian

[I]* Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Package will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year.[/I]
[/QUOTE]

Congrats😀
I am disappointed as my preorder is from December 2018 yet delivery timeframe is between July and September. I think they are going by the location.
I am thinking of cancelling my order.. or someone in the US can take over the order for a delivery in the next couple of months
Although Rivian won't let someone take over the order per se, if you can get Rivian to agree to another person taking delivery and ownership, I would be happy to do that. LMK

·
Registered
1 Posts
For: Denver Colorado, I got the following. I ordered Launch Edition, July, 2019.

Thank you for your continued support of Rivian. We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of your R1T. Now that vehicle production is ramping up at our factory in Normal, IL, and we’re building out our service and support in your region, we’re able to share an updated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now March - April 2022.

Please note that this delivery window is based on your current configuration, delivery location, and preorder date.

Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to think big and innovate. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

— Team Rivian

* Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Package will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year. View attachment 3911 :) Ready for trade-out.

Jan 2019 - Order 5062 - Location Indian River Florida - May/June 2022

21 - 39 of 39 Posts