Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I was interested in seeing interior pics of the R1S with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded all the way down. (I am concerned they do not lay flat enough) I asked Rivian to post some pics, but they didn’t.

I was hoping to order the 5 seat R1S, but not available on the launch edition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing these photos Yes, unfortunately this is a deal killer for the 7 seater R2S for me. I will need to wait for the 5 seater. :-(

I need to have a relatively flat back area. The 3rd row seat seems to prohibit that.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
35 Posts
For how I intend on using it, would not matter at all. The space in the back, in addition to the frunk, would be more than enough. Throw in a Thule on top and I am good to go for 99.9% of my work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately the R1S 3rd row seats don't fold down flat. Would that be a problem for you?

Definitely a problem for me because we want to put our road bikes in the back with the rear seat folded down. It's fine if we have to take off the front wheels to do it, but taking off both wheels for both bikes is a pain. I don't see how the bikes could fit with the seats the way they are in these pics. BUT, there still seems to be a lot of confusion over the cargo space in general, and Rivian is not really helping to clear things up (just adding to the confusion).

Note, these pics are actually for the prototype version of the R1S and Rivian stated "they have been improved" for the production model, but how exactly? I have seen "folds nearly flat" in other posts, while on the R1S web page it clearly says "folds flat" (not "nearly"). So, which is it? There are no pics of the production model yet that I have been able to find anywhere. Rivian also said there would be pics of the production model with the seats folded down in the configurator once it went online, but there are not (sigh).

If anyone has the definitive answer from Rivian for the production model, please post. I really, really want the R1S, but the cargo space configuration is likely a deal breaker for us. The way it is, it looks more like a 7-seat people mover than anything else (a really great people mover though).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree 100%. Unless 2nd and 3rd fold nearly flat, I need to wait to 5 seat R1S. I have a Mercedes wagon— folds nearly flat, it is awesome. Can haul anything. R1S needs to do same.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
35 Posts
Agree 100%. Unless 2nd and 3rd fold nearly flat, I need to wait to 5 seat R1S. I have a Mercedes wagon— folds nearly flat, it is awesome. Can haul anything. R1S needs to do same.
I believe it can't due to the battery below. I get how this is difficult for some folks but for others it won't matter at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing these photos Yes, unfortunately this is a deal killer for the 7 seater R2S for me. I will need to wait for the 5 seater. :-(

I need to have a relatively flat back area. The 3rd row seat seems to prohibit that.
I find this interesting considering the justification for not having the largest battery pack in and the 3rd row was that the 3rd row seats folded into the space that was used for the larger battery. That told me that the seats would fold flat. Does this design change mean that the largest battery will be available in the 3 row model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy. I was interested in seeing interior pics of the R1S with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded all the way down. (I am concerned they do not lay flat enough) I asked Rivian to post some pics, but they didn’t.

I was hoping to order the 5 seat R1S, but not available on the launch edition.
When we discovered no 5 seat option for R1S launch, we bailed and switched to the pickup
We’ve never had a pick up
In 55 years and 40 cars and vans, but need to carry bicycles and the 7 seat S cargo area is not gonna cut it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts