Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 7-seats please

Votes: 14 63.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if who is going with the 5-seat arrangement vs the 7-seat.

I feel like the 7-seat is the safer option.

You never know when you might have to bring your parents-in-law somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exactly. Availability of 7 seats is what kept me waiting for Rivian. Otherwise I'd have an e-tron or other 5-seater now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Still waiting to see the R1S with the 3rd row seats folded... if they fold flat, then the 7 seats are def the option for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love the 7 seat option but super difficult to choose it due to the larger battery pack fitting in the 5seater only (at launch-up). If it had the extended battery or even an aux battery like the patent for truck plus 7 seat I’d nearly be sold entirely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm hoping the 3rd row is actually removable since its required for LE. More space and save on weight!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very frustrated that it appears only 7 seater option for Launch...
I'm so with you on this
we want the capacity for carrying our bicycles and other items, not running a bus service
besides, 5 is a huge crowd in Covid Times!!
My QUESTION for ANYONE: can we take out the third row seats?
(sorry another topic: Can we add battery capacity to the S down the road
We need the car asap for business since the POS Benz diesel van is toast and the Bolt will not carry much so we went with Laumch
ALSO: it wasn't clear - will LA silver knock us ut of the Launch dates?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm so with you on this
we want the capacity for carrying our bicycles and other items, not running a bus service
besides, 5 is a huge crowd in Covid Times!!
My QUESTION for ANYONE: can we take out the third row seats?
(sorry another topic: Can we add battery capacity to the S down the road
We need the car asap for business since the POS Benz diesel van is toast and the Bolt will not carry much so we went with Laumch
ALSO: it wasn't clear - will LA silver knock us ut of the Launch dates?
I can't answer anything other than the question about battery capacity. Short answer is yes to upgrading, at least before you take delivery.

Backstory: I plan to tow a small-ish teardrop-style camper, a [email protected] 320 Boondock (~2,300 lbs laden), so need the most range possible. It was not possible to choose anything other than the Large battery pack when I configured my S yesterday, so I contacted Rivian today and asked about the Max. They told me that when production starts, order holders will get an announcement that will have added options that will be part of finalizing their configurations and generating a sales agreement. The Max battery for the R1S will be an option at that time.

The obvious question is: When does production start? When I asked that, the rep said she couldn't tell me but that since delivery starts in June 2021, production start would be soon - in her words, a few months.

So we should be able to add the Max to the R1S before taking delivery but I'm going to guess that adding it will push out the delivery date. It's not clear to me what happens to the spare when you add the Max (and I forgot to ask when I was chatting with the rep) but I guess it goes in the frunk. Regardless, I hope to have a Glacier White S with a Black Mountain interior and Max package before the end of 2022 . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts