Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Finally got around to putting an order in after two weeks of finding and reading and watching as much info to convince myself that I need this car
-owned the FJ Cruiser 13 years(its first release right after graduation)
-traded in for Kia Telluride once i have a second kid.
I LOVE the Kia Teullrude, don't get me wrong but it doesn't bring the same joy, since i still think about where the FJ is at.

luckily did my homework and didn't pay over MSRP for the KIA (iykyk), so once this order is ready, I will be HAPPILY ready to take R1s. already own the Tesla Model Y so prepared for the transition to EV.

Located in S. New Jersey, hopefully configurations wouldnt be too much delayed. already told myself 2-3 years, IF explorer edition is only few months different i might go down to that as onyl thing in adventure edition i 'must" have is black headliner.

things i'd like to do to Rivian:
-wrap roof white(probably un popular decision but its Mine right?)
-tint the mirror light markers
-wrap mirror black if i stay with Adventure Ed.
-chrome delete silver along that windows, "rivian" badges
-tint the fog light yellow

Things hopeful for:
Federal EV Credit
State (NJ) Go green incentive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Did you consider any other ways to configure the R1S before going with that spec?
TBH, there not that much more options on there right?

-the yellow was must have for me, picking white would save me 2500, but wrapping after would not make sense due to cost and coverage doesn't usually cover door jabs etc.

-the wheels I don't really want to add more $, the additional price i can get second wheel+tire aftermarket down line.

-ATM i picked adventure pack due to the timeline for production based on forums I've been reading,

-black interior cause having two kids and using the SUV as a actually utility vehicle, a black head liner(if adventure) would not marker stains, or rash from loading large packages. plus black seats i can cover with after market

-7 seats again is a must due to two growing toddlers, and occasionally picking up my sister for family dinner at the grandparents.

Explorer Ed would have been my first pick due to many of the features i don't NEED in adventure editions, but as mentioned, the delivery date difference is the main deciding factor. wife told me that the KIA tellurude is the XS, with blk liner, heat+vented seats, doing less than Adventure is partially down grade "if you're gonna upgrade, go UPGRADE"

lastly, do not want to exceed 80k since CURRENTLY federal tax credit limited price 80k or under if I've been reading correctly? who know if Rivian increase price since pre-order doesn't lock you in on price like Tesla(esp since THEY bounce prices OFTEN)

that basically covers all my reason for the current specs. ( wow that alot to say, probably on the rivian high and excited)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
TBH, there not that much more options on there right?

-the yellow was must have for me, picking white would save me 2500, but wrapping after would not make sense due to cost and coverage doesn't usually cover door jabs etc.

-the wheels I don't really want to add more $, the additional price i can get second wheel+tire aftermarket down line.

-ATM i picked adventure pack due to the timeline for production based on forums I've been reading,

-black interior cause having two kids and using the SUV as a actually utility vehicle, a black head liner(if adventure) would not marker stains, or rash from loading large packages. plus black seats i can cover with after market

-7 seats again is a must due to two growing toddlers, and occasionally picking up my sister for family dinner at the grandparents.

Explorer Ed would have been my first pick due to many of the features i don't NEED in adventure editions, but as mentioned, the delivery date difference is the main deciding factor. wife told me that the KIA tellurude is the XS, with blk liner, heat+vented seats, doing less than Adventure is partially down grade "if you're gonna upgrade, go UPGRADE"

lastly, do not want to exceed 80k since CURRENTLY federal tax credit limited price 80k or under if I've been reading correctly? who know if Rivian increase price since pre-order doesn't lock you in on price like Tesla(esp since THEY bounce prices OFTEN)

that basically covers all my reason for the current specs. ( wow that alot to say, probably on the rivian high and excited)
Valid points and that is indeed a great spec for your situation. It might be worth reaching out to Rivian on that part about price.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's not limited by vehicle price ... the limitation by price was part of the Infrastructure bill that didn't pass IIRC

Right now the max price for EVs eligible for the tax credit is $80,000.

The limitations that were proposed was going to be $40,000 and under for eligible EVs. But they didn't go through.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

Finally got around to putting an order in after two weeks of finding and reading and watching as much info to convince myself that I need this car
-owned the FJ Cruiser 13 years(its first release right after graduation)
-traded in for Kia Telluride once i have a second kid.
I LOVE the Kia Teullrude, don't get me wrong but it doesn't bring the same joy, since i still think about where the FJ is at.

luckily did my homework and didn't pay over MSRP for the KIA (iykyk), so once this order is ready, I will be HAPPILY ready to take R1s. already own the Tesla Model Y so prepared for the transition to EV.

Located in S. New Jersey, hopefully configurations wouldnt be too much delayed. already told myself 2-3 years, IF explorer edition is only few months different i might go down to that as onyl thing in adventure edition i 'must" have is black headliner.

things i'd like to do to Rivian:
-wrap roof white(probably un popular decision but its Mine right?)
-tint the mirror light markers
-wrap mirror black if i stay with Adventure Ed.
-chrome delete silver along that windows, "rivian" badges
-tint the fog light yellow

Things hopeful for:
Federal EV Credit
State (NJ) Go green incentive
Congrats on placing your order @spikesnkicks! How did you spec the rest of your R1S?

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is no maximum price for taking the EV credit under current US regulations.
That second link, which is the Department of Energy website, shows both the R1T and the R1S qualify under current rules.

The $80,000 limit was proposed in the BBB legislation that failed early in 2022. Previous versions of the bill had different limits. And the credit was up to $12,500. (And the credit differed from the current EV credit in certain ways). But that's all irrelevant because the bill failed.

The "$40,000" cited by @JimmyEV above was one of the early proposals - the link he posted was from August 2021. There were many changes to the legislation since then, before it finally failed.

Regardless, bottom line is that you CAN take the $7,500 credit for your R1T or R1S. No income restrictions, and the 200,000 vehicle limit per manufacturer is not in danger of being reached by Rivian any time soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on placing your order @spikesnkicks! How did you spec the rest of your R1S?
ideally i would like better "mileage" on single charge, but roadtrip car would be using my brother trusty sienna tbh. going without android auto would be some getting used to.

nothing else really UNIQUE, black inside, no additional "gears", just want the car adventure edition, stock wheels, black interior(green would be unique take not 2k worth for me since the yellow wait at 2.5k is plenty to be 'extra').

If i were to add anything it probably wall charger, but that would be after i try what they give me already, since i run a nem outlet at home for the tesla already. and the all weather mats, since i dont think my go to mat company (tuxmat) would have it right off bat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts