Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just submitted my R1S pre-order (El Cap / Black Mountain / Dark AT wheels).

This rig will be replacing a Tacoma and complement my overland H3 rig. Can't wait to put the R1S through its paces. It'll be interesting to see how much having a RTT + overland trailer will impact the range.

Hope to learn more from the ROF community and contribute as much as I can!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

My main considerations for the R1S spec
1) balance the everyday needs of people/dogs transport hence R1S vs the R1T
2) capability (non-paved road performance / inclement weather performance / gear storage)

I'm researching more into the logistics of setting up the home charging with Rivian Wall Charger (or a charging unit as listed in the Tech section) and it seems pretty straightforward. My garage setup is flexible and I should have no issue being able to get the required power.

Any suggestions you may have are more than welcome!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi all! Just submitted my R1S pre-order (El Cap / Black Mountain / Dark AT wheels).

This rig will be replacing a Tacoma and complement my overland H3 rig. Can't wait to put the R1S through its paces. It'll be interesting to see how much having a RTT + overland trailer will impact the range.

Hope to learn more from the ROF community and contribute as much as I can!
Congrats on ordering your R1S @Takt! What mods have you done to your overland H3? Are you going to do anything similar to the R1S?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The H3 has the usual suspects in terms of mods and such. Winch / Center & Rear locker / 33" tires (35" dogs it too much) / RTT / awning / shower & water system / armor & sliders / lights / comms. She performs well for base camp and getting to the back country in Colorado.

Things I'd probably want to do on the R1S right off the bat would be winch / armor / storage drawers for the rear. Rest of my gear is bolt on or on the trailer so I don't think I'll be adding too much else. Famous last words though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.